cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Firefox - Tabs question

Wrace
Explorer
Explorer
Have win10, firefox 52.0. Using startpage.com as my homepage.

Each time I click a new tab I would like it to have my homepage on it.

Somewhere in settings??

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
All except the part where you say you are using Comcast mail! ๐Ÿ˜›

I just replaced $180 worth of Comcast with a $20 Mobley and $65 of Dish per month and I am one happy camper. The Comcast "retention" team was falling over themselves trying to keep us. I told them they should have simply charged us less over the past 20 years.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
DiskDoctr wrote:
Everybody running ESR?

You should be.

Firefox ESR

Hmmm.. doesn't seem like I fit the profile:

Who is it for?

Firefox ESR is intended for groups who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in large organizations such as universities and other schools, county or city governments and businesses.

Who is it not for?

Individual users who always want the latest features, performance enhancements and technologies in their browser without waiting for them to become available in ESR several development cycles later.

Dave

Anyone who wants to continue using normal browser functions meets the profile.

The odd wording has the goal of coaxing a large number of people into using the now-hobbled versions of browsers, which may not function properly on a number of sites.

This strategy, IMHO, is simply to force websites and companies to implement workarounds and changes to support the 'new way.'

The end users' reward for being 'part of the team' and moving forward? Broken sites, most without any notice of why it doesn't work, and limited functionality.

My suggestion is to stick with a fully functional model and let 'the rest of them' work it out first.

Stress levels and frustrations are usually much lower this way ๐Ÿ˜‰

One example that is likely some people find: Comcast email (via OWA) has troubles with the way it calls the dialog box for attaching files to an email. So you can't do it with the 'new and improved' browsers (FF and Edge both).

There is a way to manually call the function, attach files, then back feed into a message to send an email, but that isn't something the average person would enjoy doing ๐Ÿ˜‰ I only did it to confirm the OWA server was functioning properly and nothing on the customers' side was blocking or interfering with it.

Bottom line? ESR = no hassles for you. Wait until it is fixed before switching.

Make sense? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit to add: A little info about it, in case anyone is interested in more details

NPAPI support ending

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
DiskDoctr wrote:
Everybody running ESR?

You should be.

Firefox ESR

Hmmm.. doesn't seem like I fit the profile:

Who is it for?

Firefox ESR is intended for groups who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in large organizations such as universities and other schools, county or city governments and businesses.

Who is it not for?

Individual users who always want the latest features, performance enhancements and technologies in their browser without waiting for them to become available in ESR several development cycles later.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
There is also a FireFox add-on entitled "Blank Tab". If you want to go to a blank tab use this add-on.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Everybody running ESR?

You should be.

Firefox ESR

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Your Welcome!

Wrace
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
You need to install a Firefox Add-on. This takes about 2 seconds to do. Click this link: click here..

Next select, "Continue to DownLoad"

Next page, click the link (Add to Firefox) on the next page. No... you do not have to contribute $$$ for anything.
I just did this, it works.

That worked just fine.

Thanks guys.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thank you! I love the add on. Great thread! ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Let me say this about this thread: THANK YOU.. It works (the add on) as advertised.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
Wrace wrote:
Have win10, firefox 52.0. Using startpage.com as my homepage.

Each time I click a new tab I would like it to have my homepage on it.

Somewhere in settings??

Thanks

Use the FireFox Add-On entitled "New Tab Homepage". Install this add-on and you will have what you desire.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
When did that change? I'm still in 48 and it opens to my preset page with every new tab
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Settings
Set this page homepage

Home page only sets on the initial tab. Open subsequent tabs and you land on a page that shows your recent history and web pages you've been on. Setting home page only works on the initial tab. You need the Add-on.

MrWizard
Settings
Set this page homepage
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You need to install a Firefox Add-on. This takes about 2 seconds to do. Click this link: click here..

Next select, "Continue to DownLoad"

Next page, click the link (Add to Firefox) on the next page. No... you do not have to contribute $$$ for anything.

I just did this, it works.