cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flex Dish... anyone else have tips?

jimandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
We supposedly got the upgrade to the Tailgater , the Flex, mainly because it has 2 outlets on it.
We have the Dish Vip211k HD receiver.
We get to the point of "acquiring signal" window, get 3 bars then it says we have signal loss. All cables good, and Flex is communicating with the receiver, but can't seem to keep Sats locked. Any ideas? Maybe go back and get a Tailgater?
2013 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Nomad 25 Lite
25 C-Dory Cruiser
2 Shiba Inu travel dogs
5 REPLIES 5

beetle1
Explorer
Explorer
Do these Winegard satellite finder things work with our home Direct HD receiver and the genie for the other TV? I think I want one but have no idea what they really do?? or who to ask yet?

jimandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
After a week of trial and all errors, and reading endless posts and threads....
We finally had some success. Yes the Flex is a King Controls product.
I did a reset on the reciever using the front power button instead of pulling the power cord for ten seconds. I also repositioned the Flex using someone's suggestion of looking at adjacent house dish's position. So instead of using my compass app's "south", I set the Flex in the same direction as the house dish. Wow! We got 3 satellites, and for the first time actual tv broadcasts......wahoo!!! So far so good.
We went with the Flex because it has ability to hook up two televisions. You have to use the same satellite but you can watch separate programs. Next up will be a second coax from the Flex to another 211k, and try for that to work. That won't happen though for a while until we get more comfy with this set-up, but I recommend the Flex.
Bottom line I think it was my bad aiming, stumbling around,etc that made this more frustrating than it should have been.
Thanks to everyone for viewing our post.
2013 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Nomad 25 Lite
25 C-Dory Cruiser
2 Shiba Inu travel dogs

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
The Flex works with multiple satellite providers. You probably need to set some switches to Dish.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out the King Dome site.
Flex dome
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Denny___Jami
Explorer
Explorer
I have looked all over the Dish site and nowhere can I find a dish called Flex.

Denny
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 gears Air Lifts
2003 HitchHiker Premier 35FKTG 215/75/17.5 Goodyear G114 Tires