Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Found A Tracking Gizmo

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if it works good? I need one.

http://dailylifetech.com/trackr/d/entry/tiny-device-allows-you-to-track-your-car-using-your-smartpho...

While I was following the story about the passing of Don Rickles. I was in the lounge with my folks. Don Rickles, came on stage, looked down and quipped "Make yourself at home Frank, (Sinatra). Hit somebody" Sinatra doubled up laughing and it made me a fan...

But I do indeed need a tracking device for my car keys. A month ago they slipped down between the seats and I had to enlist my neighbor and her young daughter to help me search for them. But I do not want to buy junk. Suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
No self-respecting thief would be caught dead stealing my car. But only good for a year? Gotta better idea - 5 sets of keys strategically hidden. Thanks for the good help. Saved money and aggravation. I did name it correctly - a Gizmo.

MrWizard
100 ft should be find
He wants to track his CAR KEYS

Not track his car
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

DRKMinWA
Explorer
Explorer
I use my iPhone to locate car if I "lose" it. The phone is connected through bluetooth to the vehicle's bluetooth. Every time I shut the engine off it marks the location in Maps. If I misplace the car I can use Maps to get back to it. Now about those keys...
Rick & Kathy
2014 Econ 16RB
2013 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I read about that one, the battery is non-replaceable so you have to buy a new one when the battery dies, per the Tile website:

"Your Tile is guaranteed to last one full year. After that year, you can opt-in to our reTile program! This allows you to replace all the Tiles you already have in your account for a discounted price!"

Such a deal.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look at a product called TILE. It uses bluetooth but it can be found by other people's bluetooth (if I get this) and you will be notified.
https://www.thetileapp.com/
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I found a lot more bad reviews than good ones, the good ones seem to be mainly on the sites that are doing the selling.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I spent a couple of hours reading reviews and articles on it and decided there were too many problems with them.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Wonder if it works good? I need one.

http://dailylifetech.com/trackr/d/entry/tiny-device-allows-you-to-track-your-car-using-your-smartpho...

While I was following the story about the passing of Don Rickles. I was in the lounge with my folks. Don Rickles, came on stage, looked down and quipped "Make yourself at home Frank, (Sinatra). Hit somebody" Sinatra doubled up laughing and it made me a fan...

But I do indeed need a tracking device for my car keys. A month ago they slipped down between the seats and I had to enlist my neighbor and her young daughter to help me search for them. But I do not want to buy junk. Suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks.

It's Bluetooth, not real GPS/cellular, and only has a small range of 100 feet or so.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
I remember searching for my pickup in a large parking lot for 1/2 hour.
Just before calling 911 and reporting a theft I remembered that, hey, wait a minute stupid, didn't you drive the Wife's car today.
I still get laughs out of that experience.
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Their web site says you can use it to find your lost or stolen car but then it says it's only good for 100 ft. I wonder what else they are stretch. It might work for keys lost in your home or RV.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are gizmos that mate to your phone.. But I understand the range is lmited.
Can't advise on how well they work.

I used to have a device for my cat.. Made noise and flashed a light when I pushed a button on a radio transmitter.

Finally there is a device where you clap a specific pattern, and it beeps back at you...

The only one I ever used was the cat-tag, it worked good but you had to feed it batteries from time to time.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times