cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frustrated Satellite

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
There was a post a while back that some satellite systems can work of eastern sky so forth.

I have a tailgater and if its even a hint of anything in the way can not find satellites.

Thanks for input

Ron
6 REPLIES 6

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
Tailgatger only uses western arc
Dish users with a Winegard I think Pathfinder X-2 can use either arc.
But double check that with Sat Bill to be sure

John, sometimes it pays to actually read more than the first post in a thread before replying. "Sat Bill" (Bill.Satellite), posted that information in the second post...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tailgatger only uses western arc
Dish users with a Winegard I think Pathfinder X-2 can use either arc.
But double check that with Sat Bill to be sure
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Pathway and it works great.

When I was researching I talked to many users of Tailgaters and got more than a few negative reviews.

Random not locking on was a complaint.

If you have a smartphone try Dishoointer AR to make sure there are no obstructions.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I don't even understand the question. How to get reception if something is in the way? Move.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
There are apps for your smart phone, if you have one, that you can use to see exactly where the satellites are, and to make sure there is a clear view from your Tailgater to those satellites. Mine can sometimes see thru a few small branches, but not thick coverage.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind of input? If anything is in the way you can't lock on. That's just a thing! Tailgater does not do EA satellites but Winegard Pathway X2 does (both EA and WA) as do some others. Of course you need to be in a clear area for the EA as well. It's not some random part of the Eastern Sky just as it's not some random part of the Western Sky. In both cases you need a clear unobstructed view toward the satellites.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?