cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frustrations with new technology...GRRRR!

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know that I gotta' keep up as technology progresses, but some things in the past that were so simple are now a huge hassle to seek and figure out. Case in point:

I not only got a new computer this week but also a new digital camera last week... I am getting up to speed on both. In the past when I took a photo image on my phone and downloaded to my hard rive, the viewing program would open the image in the orientation that it was taken in relation to the camera position: taller orientation (up/ down) or side-to-side.

I have a new camera and new computer using Windows 10. When dropping photos to the hard drive, some "intelligent" assumption is being made to automatically orient or interpret what position is "camera up" when a photo is taken.

In the blue highlighted image below is a snip of what my folder of an images looks like. I rotated the camera 90^ to capture a taller object. It shows up fine in this photo gallery but in reality is still has properties of the "sideways elements."

In the past, my photo viewer would open images correctly with respect the the camera rotation as it was taken, I would then manually rotate it so as to correct the image properly and then save it. This way when I drag and drop it (to an e-mail for example) the saved image would load properly with correct orientation.

The second below image is from that same photo gallery but dropped to an e-mail. In the gallery it looks OK, but somewhere along the way, some sort of dumb technology rotates it for good viewing in one program, but does not for others.

This is one small reason that I HATE technology. I wish it would not make assumptions for me if it will not let me go back and correct its wrong decisions.

I want to be in control of my computer and I am sure there is a way that I can make work what exactly it is that I want to do... but I gotta' search and research on how to do a simple freeakin' task!
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
15 REPLIES 15

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
You are defying gravity, all good.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB