cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Get Windows 10 Update Back Again!

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Windows update KB3035583 is the one that puts the "Get Windows 10" adware on Win 7 and 8.1 machines. I have Windows Updates on my Win 7 desktop set to "Check for updates but let me decide whether to download and install them". I "hide" an update that I don't want to prevent it from appearing again on the next check for updates. So far I have had to hide this Get Windows 10 update four times, with the latest today. Never had this happen with other hidden updates.

Microsoft really wants to push everyone onto Win 10, no matter what users want.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚
5 REPLIES 5

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
RayJayco wrote:
Easy way that you can do yourself:
Uninstall the following KB's (Updates)
KB3035583
KB3068708
KB3075249
KB3022345
KB3080149
Then 'check for updates' and hide them.

Search your computer for GWX, take ownership of the folders, should be in 2 or 3 locations, and change the name (Simply add a letter or number to name) and you will not get the notifications again

MS is not making it "easy", no, instead they have been offering the SAME KB's but with a DIFFERENT OFFERING DATE. Windows sees this as a NEW UPDATE.

The effect of this is the same update pops back up AGAIN AND AGAIN..

If you DO NOT WANT BOTHERED AGAIN you NEED to turn the automatic updates to OFF. Then MANUALLY go to the MS updates site and MANUALLY CHOOSE EACH UPDATE YOU WANT..

Alternately just install the GWX Stopper control panel that schwartzworld linked.. That program will search and stop any GWX update that MS may try to slip in (although I suspect MS may or could change tactics and rename the GWX programs to force it past GWX stopper)..

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Easy way that you can do yourself:
Uninstall the following KB's (Updates)
KB3035583
KB3068708
KB3075249
KB3022345
KB3080149
Then 'check for updates' and hide them.

Search your computer for GWX, take ownership of the folders, should be in 2 or 3 locations, and change the name (Simply add a letter or number to name) and you will not get the notifications again
Inquiring minds want to know...

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
schwartzworld wrote:
This small program will fix your Win10 issues. I have it on 3 computers and the Win10 download hasn't returned.

Win 10 tool

Agree - I used it and have not had an issue.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

schwartzworld
Explorer
Explorer
This small program will fix your Win10 issues. I have it on 3 computers and the Win10 download hasn't returned.

Win 10 tool

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
Same here ... I had to turn off automatic updates. Hidden several times. The computer still checks, but won't instal until I do it manually (or hide one). They seem to REALLY want us to go to Win 10.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292