cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gmail not Working anymore in my Edge browser

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
This just started happening a few days ago. I've always been able to reach my Gmail accounts using my Edge browser. Now, when I try to log in my email address disappears from the box when I try to enter the password and then, obviously, nothing happens. Curiously, I'm able to sign in if I switch to Chrome. I have nothing against Chrome, but I'm wondering why I can't use Edge any more like I use to. It's a minor inconvenience that I need to switch browsers to reach Gmail. Any ideas why this is suddenly happening?
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
6 REPLIES 6

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Seattle Steve wrote:
Google has been having major problems with their servers starting a couple days ago. Gmail is one of the things affected. Not affecting all users, just accounts using the problem servers. Last I heard, it has not been fully resolved. You might be one of the unlucky ones.

I had that problem last week. For approximately one day gmail would not load into Outlook on my laptop or the imap on my iphone. But I could access via web on chrome or directly on the gmail app on my phone.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Two things. Works great in Chrome

Second. Google had a "Hicup" (Outage) Recently.. It did not affect me so that's about all I know about it but basicaly all things "G" crashed.> likely while I was offline.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it appears the problem has resolved itself. Yes, I heard about Gmail having some problems lately. Anyhow, all's well that endes well.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Google has been having major problems with their servers starting a couple days ago. Gmail is one of the things affected. Not affecting all users, just accounts using the problem servers. Last I heard, it has not been fully resolved. You might be one of the unlucky ones.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I gave up on Windows a few years ago. I could never get Edge to work as well as Explorer, and finally just decided to convert to iOS and Apple. I can do all I need to do on my iPhone or iPad. Only use my Microsoft laptop do do my taxes.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
My friends had lots of problems trying to print from edge. They finally gave up and now only print from chrome. I read that edge doesn't play well with printer drivers and there has not been an update to fix it. That problem only started after an update from win 10.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.