cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam Campground Ratings Database for Garmin GPS

cruzbill
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to get a campaign going to make the Good Sam campground rating database available to Garmin GPS users. We just bought a Garmin 770 GPS and while it has a campground database (Truck Down ??) but it does not have the Good Sam ratings or campground details. Since Marcus owns Good Sam and the database, why not make it available as an extra we can download to our Garmin GPS?

We are longtime users of Magellan GPS (with the included good sam database) but got tired of constant 'bugs' with the Magellan units.

I've already sent an email to "Ask Marcus" and I got a nice note from someone (not Marcus) who said my email has been forwarded to "the appropriate staff". Sounds like Ask Marcus goes to a "staff" person instead of to the big man himself.

So, Garmin GPS users, make it happen. Send a note to "Ask Marcus" and let's see if we can get that database!!
3 REPLIES 3

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
thanks
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

cruzbill
Explorer
Explorer
Truck Down is a company that makes trucking info available to over the road ) OTR truckers, and they sold a 'campground' database to Garmin for use in their 770 RV GPS. Some info is there, but not the campground ratings found in the Good Sam database.

Yes, I know I can access Good Sam on-line as well as other on line camp guides, and get all the info I want, if, and its a big IF when you are on the road, I can get internet. So I'm not interested in hearing about how I can use this or that plan to get better internet on the road, as I want to have the campground info OFF LINE on my Garmin GPS so I can check out a campground while not on line, which is most of the time in my case.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
what is 'truck down'?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle