cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam trip planner to Garmin 770

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
Hi all. Maybe someone with more tech savvy can help on this one. I have tried many times to follow the directions to get the final trip created in the Good Sam trip planner onto my Garmin 770. No joy ever! There must be a piece to the puzzle that I am missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member
9 REPLIES 9

cleo43
Explorer
Explorer
jmckelvy wrote:

More research and testing. :M

I use Mapsource GDB format to update my Garmin(s). Mapsource is no more supported, so it needs extra help from Google Maps.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
I have done more research and testing. I think Garmin has screwed something up possibly with the latest 770 software update.

I have a Garmin RV770 and also a Garmin 2689. I imported the exact same gpx file into both. The 770 does NOT find the new file the 2689 found it immediately and showed the new route. I also cannot import previously imported routes to the 770.

More research and testing. :M
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
The trips are in GPX format exported from Good Sam trip planner. If I try to plan the trip on the 770 it cannot find many of the addresses or campgrounds. I have tried making a duplicate of the Good Sam trip planner route by putting the stops into the 770 and for whatever reason it cannot find more than half of the campgrounds by name or address.

Good Sam Life Member

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Why not just let Garmin plan out your trip?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
In what format are you saving the routes you create?
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ok here is how it has gone so far. None of the videos address the subject and Garmin "tech support" said they never heard of the Good Sam trip planner. Has anybody ever had success doing the swap and if so, what is the secret? I have successfully loaded the files to Base Camp but cannot get the gps to recognize the files no matter where I put them.

Good Sam Life Member

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Your trip file must be in gpx format to be imported into the 770. I use MS Streets and Trips 2013 to set up the route and then save it as a gpx file. The gpx file is then placed into the GPX folder on the 770. I have no idea if GS Trip Planner can export a gpx file.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Youtube

One of these videos may have your answer
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
QCMan wrote:
Hi all. Maybe someone with more tech savvy can help on this one. I have tried many times to follow the directions to get the final trip created in the Good Sam trip planner onto my Garmin 770. No joy ever! There must be a piece to the puzzle that I am missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Give Garmin tech support a call. If it can done tech support will tell you how to do it.