cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to transfer large video from phone to computer

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I recorded a fairly large video on my Android cell phone last night. I would like to transfer it to my computer if possible. I have found the video on my phone but the file refuses to move from the phone location to my chosen spot in my computer. Why is that? Is there a way to do this?

On another note, is is possible to edit the video into smaller segments that will e-mail easily? I don't necessarily want to reduce the quality of the video if possible. They video is in Mp4 format.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I very seldom do this kind of thing with my phone or computer.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine
15 REPLIES 15

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming you are making the transfer with a USB cable you should have no problem. You will have to get your phone to give permission for the transfer with should cause a pop-up when you first connect with an Allow or Deny option. If that doesn't show up you need to look for something at the top showing USB options or in settings that will adjust what happens when you connect USB.