cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In-Dash computer readouts

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer
Every day I'm seeing more and more ads for fancy monitor screens that will keep you connected to the world outside the car.

Drivers have enough trouble driving their cars without hitting things and now they add the ultimate distraction.

Not to mention they now have a warning system that tells the driver that another car is next to them. What, have they eliminated the outside mirrors?

Reaction times are very short, specially when they are tailgating and to add a screen that adds to the distraction is ludicrous.

will these new distractions now get blamed for rear end collisions?

I remember years ago when video screens first came out for cars, the law said they had to be out of the view of the driver. I guess that has changed now.

Talking to a passenger while drive is distraction enough and adding these dashboard video (games) is insane.

Too bad they don't teach driving any more, instead they teach how to operate your dash telephone, satellite navigation system and other junk.

"In-dash Accident Creation System" is more like it.
3 REPLIES 3

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer
Now I know what they mean when they talk about "Driver-less Cars" Yuk Yuk.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Don't text and drive.. instead look at all these distracting do-dads and thingies. Have a safe trip!!
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Will these new distractions get blamed.....

Already have.. Some years ago Ford came out with Touch Screen technology where you have to LOOK at the screen in order to touch the icon.

They got rid of knobs and buttons which do not move about or change meaning which you could reach blindly for and replaced them with YOU GOT TO LOOK AT THE SCREEN icons.

Fords started smashing into things right and left.. They blamed the Touch Screen.

So.. now GM and others use them too.. You just can't win.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times