cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jensen AWM968

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Camping World has a super deal on the Jensen AWM968. They have it on their super Internet Only Sale price of $289.00 Typical Camping World Pricing. Go on the internet and Google this model and there are places advertising them for from $210-$212. I am a life member and find these prices from Camping World a JOKE. Why don't they say order now and get hosed.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member
11 REPLIES 11

PhilandJoyce
Explorer
Explorer
All this chit-chat just made me laugh out loud.

Travelon
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Dandy Dan wrote:
Campfire Time wrote:
Why would even be looking at a Jensen in the first place? Far better head units out there for less money.

Campfire Time: My rig came with a Jensen which was junk. I am open to all suggestions of what to put in to replace it. Mine was a single Din. Have been to 2 big box stores and one didn't even know what I was talking about. All they had was one that had a flip screen but I thought that may be a little small to try to watch from the recliners.:B I was just using the Jensen as an example of CW pricing.

So you are complaining about the price on a unit you do not want to buy?

AMAZING

WOW! x2
2004 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC LB 4x4, Timbrens, Fold-a-Cover,
Line-X, DeeZee Running Boards, Prodigy, Husky 16K UBS,
2004 Titanium 32E37DS, Two Honda EU2000i

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dandy Dan wrote:
Campfire Time wrote:
Why would even be looking at a Jensen in the first place? Far better head units out there for less money.

Campfire Time: My rig came with a Jensen which was junk. I am open to all suggestions of what to put in to replace it. Mine was a single Din. Have been to 2 big box stores and one didn't even know what I was talking about. All they had was one that had a flip screen but I thought that may be a little small to try to watch from the recliners.:B I was just using the Jensen as an example of CW pricing.

So you are complaining about the price on a unit you do not want to buy?

AMAZING
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:

dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
My GS membership is just for the Campground discounts.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
I understand that OPs position. We join GS/CW to get promised "up to 30% savings" these "savings" are off MRSP which no retailers use. Therefore there is no actual 30% saving and most times CW is higher priced than it's competition. I did not expect to save 30% on all my CW purchases but I did expect a Sam's Club or Costco type competive market price. CW does not offer that. I use to shop CW first then compare. Now I seldom look to CW for any purchase or repair because of past experience and price research.
Shame, but I feel my GS life membership is pretty much worthless. If it was not a life membership I would not renew.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sandia Man wrote:
We want to spend money at CW, but their ridiculous shipping charges along with their prices on sale items makes it hard to do business with them since many online and local RV shops provide the same items at a reduced cost. We remember getting better deals from CW several years ago, but the last couple of years it is rare we actually purchased something from their local store or via CW online.

We even tried using their service department here locally but the work they performed was truly under-whelming, seemed like high school kids performed the shoddy work. We also tried shopping for an RV a few times and their prices mimics their pricing for RV related items, much higher than local and online competitors. Unfortunately, we just gave up trying to spend our money at CW.

See the other side of the free enterprise system.
You are free to spend your money as you see fit.

PERFECT

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We want to spend money at CW, but their ridiculous shipping charges along with their prices on sale items makes it hard to do business with them since many online and local RV shops provide the same items at a reduced cost. We remember getting better deals from CW several years ago, but the last couple of years it is rare we actually purchased something from their local store or via CW online.

We even tried using their service department here locally but the work they performed was truly under-whelming, seemed like high school kids performed the shoddy work. We also tried shopping for an RV a few times and their prices mimics their pricing for RV related items, much higher than local and online competitors. Unfortunately, we just gave up trying to spend our money at CW.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Travelon
Explorer
Explorer
Must be a very slow night to complain about an ad.
2004 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC LB 4x4, Timbrens, Fold-a-Cover,
Line-X, DeeZee Running Boards, Prodigy, Husky 16K UBS,
2004 Titanium 32E37DS, Two Honda EU2000i

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are railing against the free enterprise system where everyone is free to set there own price for an item. The alternative is a government run pricing system. Something you do not want.
CW and other retailers can set there sale price wherever the want except when it affects you personally then they are rip off artists.