cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jensen XRV10 Sound problems

Sodflyer
Explorer
Explorer
After installing a XM radio adapter to my XRV10 radio I started getting sound distortion problems. you turn the radio on and everything is fine for 5 minutes then the unit starts popping loud and then the sound volume goes down and distorts. I disconnected the XM radio unit and it still does it. It seems to be a heat problem. Is there any known fix for this?
7 REPLIES 7

Walker247
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! Iโ€™ll try contacting them.

Sodflyer
Explorer
Explorer
Walker247 wrote:
Hi Sodflyer,
Did you ever find a solution for your XRV10 problem?
I am encountering a similar problem, but with no popping noise. I donโ€™t have XM Radio, so thatโ€™s not the cause. My XRV10 heats up in the back (hot to the touch) and my speakers begin to distort after the system is on for a few minutes.
Trying to find the solution.

I did find a solution, I contacted ASA the company that makes the radio and sent the radio to them. They sent me a new radio under warranty. No problem since.

Walker247
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Sodflyer,
Did you ever find a solution for your XRV10 problem?
I am encountering a similar problem, but with no popping noise. I donโ€™t have XM Radio, so thatโ€™s not the cause. My XRV10 heats up in the back (hot to the touch) and my speakers begin to distort after the system is on for a few minutes.
Trying to find the solution.

Sodflyer
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think that is the problem the unit played fine all last year. It is only a 13 watt amp on it.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
a friend has a marine stereo on his boat that they had 8 speakers hooked to it.
his played ok at low volume but totally cut out when turned up.
i fixed it by installing a external multichannel amp on it that could handle the speakers he had. it still works great 3 years later.
if nothing else is wrong with yours that may fix your problem cheaper than replacing the head unit.

Sodflyer
Explorer
Explorer
It plays fine at any volume for the first five minutes then the distortion starts. There are 4 speakers attached.the 2 rear speakers completely garble then the fronts get weak and volume Drops to less than half and is distorted.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
a short in the speaker wiring or a speaker wire touching ground or the metal back of the radio can cause those symptoms.
how many speakers are connected to it if it more than 4 they will present too much of a load to the amplifier and cause that.
does it still do it at very low volume?