cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KVH A-5 Sat Ant

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
My coach had the above antenna when I bought it 3 years ago. No receivers or other electronics were on board. I've heard that this antenna may be too old to still function. Does anyone own one that is currently still functioning with today's systems? I haven't really worried too much because I never really watched TV while "camping." Now that I am retired and living in the coach 5 or 6 months of the year it is becoming one. Thank you
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just in case you are not aware, none of the dome style antennas can receive the DirecTV HD programming and may also not be able to receive any Network programming. You can use a DVR or Genie but all programming will be in SD.
With Dish you can get HD programming but since you can only "see" 1 of the 3 available satellites at a time using a DVR or more than one receiver is generally not recommended.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
The KVH A-5 is still a serviceable antenna. It may need a software update that KVH can walk you through. You will find that KVH customer service leaves a lot to be desired but they can offer technical assistance for a price.