cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Dish Pay-As-You -Go episode

jimandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
We went through Dishformyrv to set up our Pay-As-You-Go plan.

Sure, there is no Restart Fee. But found out according to the 1-800-333-7474 people, you can only stop service for 6 months at a time and only once in a 12 month period. Also while "on vacation" you are charged $5.00 per month. What's up with that? How is my account on vacation. I only use it when I am on vacation!! Anyone else gone through this?

If this is the deal, Dishformyrv needs to state this gimmick on their site or a link to the "details".

Right now I am just a bit p.o.'ed , and ranting , so hope there is a work around on this.
2013 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Nomad 25 Lite
25 C-Dory Cruiser
2 Shiba Inu travel dogs
22 REPLIES 22

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
roam1 wrote:
With Dish, whenever I get the wrong answer I hang up and call back till I get the right answer!
There ya go!
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
With Dish, whenever I get the wrong answer I hang up and call back till I get the right answer!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are getting those kinds of responses then your account is not setup as a pay as you go (PAYG) plan but rather a standard contract which has those kinds of limitations. It's either an accounting error or whoever set you up indicated that you would be under a 2 year contract. Contracts happen when you get receivers and/or other equipment free. You must have purchased your receiver and assorted accessories outright in order to use the PAYG plan. The PAYG plan can be turned on and off at will and used as little as 1 month per year.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would wholeheartedly agree with speaking with a different rep. When we used to have DISH, I got totally different answers from different people.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
jimandlaurie wrote:
We went through Dishformyrv to set up our Pay-As-You-Go plan.

Sure, there is no Restart Fee. But found out according to the 1-800-333-7474 people, you can only stop service for 6 months at a time and only once in a 12 month period. Also while "on vacation" you are charged $5.00 per month. What's up with that? How is my account on vacation. I only use it when I am on vacation!! Anyone else gone through this?

If this is the deal, Dishformyrv needs to state this gimmick on their site or a link to the "details".

Right now I am just a bit p.o.'ed , and ranting , so hope there is a work around on this.

You need to tell them you wish to "DISCONNECT" your service. Do not use terms like suspend, stop, pause, vacation. If they give you ANY BS about a monthly fee charge tell them to connect you with a supervisor. Tell the supervisor that you have a RV/Mobile monthly pre-pay account and you are not going to pay any monthly "pause" fees.

DISH is a terrible company to work for, so the constant turnover in employees equals very poor training.

Phils
Explorer
Explorer
Rather than deal with the 800 number folks, I've found over the last couple of years that I get quicker and better service by contacting one of the DIRT members (Dish Internet Response Team) at Dish forum.

You'll be in the Dish section and either post your situation there and shortly one of the DIRT will see it and respond (they don't work mornings and are in Colorado).

Or, when in the Dish section scroll down to the bottom to "see who's online" and the DIRT members will be in red and clickable to send a PM (but I'm sure you'll need to be registered, of course).

Phil
'03 F250 7.3 deezle and '01 Komfort 27FS
Off the grid and outta sight at home
Go camping to have neighbors and amenities

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use to bring all of my DirecTV items from the house along with us on the trips but since the Natl Broadcast came out with their"FREE TO THE PUBLIC" full blown high def digital TV signals just started using it with my OTA batwing picking up the local towns digital HDTV signals. We get 6-36 digital channels just about anywhere we go here on the East side of the USA. If we need to watch some of the CABLE CHANNELs we will downstream them from the internet... We even do this at regular camp grounds that have CABLE TV. Its much better to watch the local towns Natl Broadcast channels in full blown wide screen HDTV mode then what the camp ground cable gives you.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I would call back and talk to a different person. You don't always get the same answer from different people. Try 1-800-472-1039. It is the number listed on the dishformyrv.com web site to call for help.
I have it as a $7/mo RV add-on to my home account so I have never had that problem. Actually no problems at all in many years with Dish, home and RV.