cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

marcus you need to know about this scam at CW online

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
yesterday I went on the CW website and purchased $125 worth of product. This morning I received an E mail from the club stating "thanks for renewing your good sam roadside assistance card."
I did no such thing. I did not click on any secret scam button. Just another waste of time appealing the credit card charge. If my card is charged, Coach Net is in my future. And shame on you. Don't you guys make enough $$$ honestly?
2020 Integra 36U
can am spyder or can am commander
BE PREPARED- NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.
18 REPLIES 18

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
spud1957 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
TinyoneRV wrote:

The RA will renew about 4 months prior to your expiration with the new term added to the end of the previous term. You have time to cancel or modify the plan before the actual renewal.

4 months ahead of time seems almost like a scam to me.

bumpy

Scam? Here is the definition of Scam.

1.a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.
verb (used with object), scammed, scamยทming.
2.to cheat or defraud with a scam.

Don't think I would blame CW for trying to scam anyone.

a quick profit by taking money 1/3 of a year early IMHO is a scam. why not 2 months, why not one month?
Not quite as bad as a ISP that you couldn't drop the service on the web site more than 30 days ahead, but they automaticallyi renewed 45 days ahead.
bumpy

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
TinyoneRV wrote:

The RA will renew about 4 months prior to your expiration with the new term added to the end of the previous term. You have time to cancel or modify the plan before the actual renewal.

bumpy

Scam? Here is the definition of Scam.

1.a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.
verb (used with object), scammed, scamยทming.
2.to cheat or defraud with a scam.

Don't think I would blame CW for trying to scam anyone.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
TinyoneRV wrote:

bumpy

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
cKarlGo wrote:
RandACampin wrote:
uncle t wrote:
yesterday I went on the CW website and purchased $125 worth of product. This morning I received an E mail from the club stating "thanks for renewing your good sam roadside assistance card."
I did no such thing. I did not click on any secret scam button. Just another waste of time appealing the credit card charge. If my card is charged, Coach Net is in my future. And shame on you. Don't you guys make enough $$$ honestly?

Guarantee you are at fault. Next time slow down and look at all the check boxes. Man up and take a little responsibility, before ranting in public.

I'm curious... how can you guarantee this? Based on what proof? What access to Camping World hosting servers, applications, websites and logs do you personally have? How and by whom were you granted such access?

Karl,
See above, then get back to me.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
I manned up and sent an apology to Mr. L.
2020 Integra 36U

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
tinyone

If that is the case, and I have no reason to doubt it, it would appear it is just a coincidence that one followed the other innocently. My CW purchase is still pending in online banking site and my CC has yet to be billed for the RA renewal which is 6 months before expiration date. Hopefully, this puts all to rest. thanks.
2020 Integra 36U

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
Read your contract carefully. On the last page is a sentence to the effect that RA renews automatically to the credit card used for the original purchase

A quote for the on-line benefits brochure, "Membership is continuous and will be automatically renewed to your credit card or invoiced to your address at the then current rate in effect."

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
u go carl. I went back on the CW website and there is nowhere you can check a box to renew roadside assistance. I went real slow and careful like. Like Marcus said there is no way it could have happened, but it did. Waiting for the weekend lull at on line banking to clear to see how much I was charged. I also called Roadside customer service yesterday but they said their main computer was down and the backup system could not assist me. Oh. Being born and raised in San Francisco the term "man up" has a different meaning than it does in Jawja :B
2020 Integra 36U

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
RandACampin wrote:
uncle t wrote:

Guarantee you are at fault. Next time slow down and look at all the check boxes. Man up and take a little responsibility, before ranting in public.

I'm curious... how can you guarantee this? Based on what proof? What access to Camping World hosting servers, applications, websites and logs do you personally have? How and by whom were you granted such access?
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Me, I'm happy with them:B
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

mlemonis
Explorer
Explorer
Jake2250

Email me and I will take care of your personally. I take full responsibility for any issues you have had.

Marcus@campingworld.com
Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
Hey,, I tried to sign up for road side last week, they charged my card but couldn't find my transaction or account!! they left me hanging!! Gotta wonder if this is related? Give me your phone number,, if I need assistance I will call you!
Yeah,, they are screwed up!! Just read a few threads about unhappy Good Sam customers,, I am one of them!!! (just kidding about the phone thing)..
Good Luck, I am going with Coach Net as soon as my charge for NO service clears!!

Be sure to complain on their forum when something does go right for you with them. Oh wait, they don't have a place for you to do that.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Hey,, I tried to sign up for road side last week, they charged my card but couldn't find my transaction or account!! they left me hanging!! Gotta wonder if this is related? Give me your phone number,, if I need assistance I will call you!
Yeah,, they are screwed up!! Just read a few threads about unhappy Good Sam customers,, I am one of them!!! (just kidding about the phone thing)..
Good Luck, I am going with Coach Net as soon as my charge for NO service clears!!

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
uncle t wrote:

HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com