cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maybe of interest to DIY'ers

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this on CBS this morning. I haven't checked it out thoroughly, but it looks promising, and I wanted to post it for others before I forgot about it. www.ifixit.com It's mostly Apple & 'iStuff' now, but looks to have some Droid and other things, and is branching out to vehicles and other products.

Jim, "Mo' coffee!"
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')
2 REPLIES 2

strollin
Explorer
Explorer
The iFixit website started back in 2003 so it's been around awhile. There's lots more on there besides Apple and "i" stuff.

I applaud those that take the time to complete a repair guide and post it on the iFixit website or some other site. Whenever someone asks me to fix something on their laptop, I always do a google search for a disassembly guide so I can take it apart without having to figure out for myself which screws need to removed and in which order.
Me, her, 2 boys & 2 girls
'05 Chevy 2500HD LT 4x4, D/A
Reese Dual Cam HP
'04 Wilderness Advantage 290FLS
Twin Honda 2000s

"I'd rather wear out than rust out!"

See our pics here

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. It is so true about the planned obsolescence of products. If we didn't buy new ones the economy would be worse than it is today. It's not that we can't build better products, it's the fact that people always want something new periodically. We have been trained to think this way probably by big business and peer pressure to have the newest and latest of everything. Sad, really.
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.