cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need New Stereo CD/DVD

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Would like some input on what to replace the POS Jensen that was installed in our 5er. It sounds as if it is off frequency and cracking on AM-FM. If you try to watch a DVD, it pixelates and freeze frames. I have had trouble with this since the rig was new. I would still like to have a 12 volt unit that jacks into the TV and external speakers. I have gone to a couple of big box stores and struck out at one. Didn't have a clue what I wanted and said they can't order anything. thanks in advance for any suggestions.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member
4 REPLIES 4

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issues. I thought I would get something like this Pinoeer that does exacty what the original RV unit does. Wire the 4 inside speakers to "front" and outside to "rear" and use fader to control inside vs. outside sound. But then I would still have poor speakers. I ended up getting a $50 portable/car DVD player and $60 bluetooth speaker. That offers more flexibility for us, better sound, and lower cost.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy a home theater system with Blu-ray player for under $200. Go to Walmart or Best Buy and check them out. Then get an inverter to power the system.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
One word...... Crutchfield.com

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I replaced my no name DVD/FM/surround sound system when it failed. But mine is 120 vac. Went to Best Buy and looked at the home theater systems as they had the outputs to drive the surround sound speakers. They had at least a half dozen brand name units. But they all did come with new speakers. I picked one that best fit the cabinet space available. Sounds far better than the OEM.