Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process looking for a laptop and this is what I need it for:

- online banking
- email
- video calling with the grandchildren
- enough storage to save the pictures of the grandchildren sent to us
- online web browsing

Not looking for something cheap but not expensive...ANY SUGGESTIONS??

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

24 REPLIES 24

brobox
Explorer
Explorer
Bill S. wrote:
dons2346 wrote:
Just bought a Dell Inspiron 15 with Win7 and no bloatware. Don't remember the exact price but it was under 500 bux

Wife needs one for the same reasons as original post. I just ordered a Dell, Win7 Pro, built in camera & mike, card reader, 4 gb memory with room for 4 more, and a 6-cell battery. Costco sale; $299 + shipping. They also include a full Kaspersky anti-virus with 1 year updates at no add'l charge.

That is a heck of a deal. I liked my Dell until I spilled a glass of wine on it and smoked it and it did smoke.
Chuck
02 Travel Supreme, 2 street side slides
09 Toyota Tacoma 2WD

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
Just bought a Dell Inspiron 15 with Win7 and no bloatware. Don't remember the exact price but it was under 500 bux

Wife needs one for the same reasons as original post. I just ordered a Dell, Win7 Pro, built in camera & mike, card reader, 4 gb memory with room for 4 more, and a 6-cell battery. Costco sale; $299 + shipping. They also include a full Kaspersky anti-virus with 1 year updates at no add'l charge.
Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I like HP with Windows but there will be those who like Apple products. Be sure to try out the keyboards because some will `feel' better than the others.
My Son has an Ipad that he makes sing but he has a separate keyboard because typing on an Ipad directly is not comfortable.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just bought a Dell Inspiron 14Z Ultrabook. Very fast, tons of memory and storage, cost about $700 ($800 with the options I needed). Not as full-featured as my HP Pavilion but it has all I require and was a LOT cheaper. Still getting used to Windows 8 but am very pleased with the computer.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

kab449
Explorer
Explorer
Microsoft Surface with the type cover. I canned a laptop, a tablet, and my tower computer. It does it all but definitely not cheap.
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160Elite/2017 F250 Lariat Ultimate
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q Class B Mercedes Van
Keith & Brenda
Marley the Maltese
Central PA

wtravlr1
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't need storage, and you don't want to stay with apple, a Chromebook is a good buy at around $250.00.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
ADUS wrote:
Tablet works great for this.

We already have an IPad...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

brobox
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 15.5 inch ASUS for the motorhome for two reasons, a metal case and it has the least amount of blot ware loaded on it. Super fast right out of the box. Very impressed with it and it's in the $450. range.
Chuck
02 Travel Supreme, 2 street side slides
09 Toyota Tacoma 2WD

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
Tablet works great for this.