cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside cameras

103holland
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a camera system (2-3 wireless cameras) with a 7 in monitor that I can run on inverter. For the cameras WIRELESS is the key. Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

103holland
Explorer
Explorer
Power the cameras by battery

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
How do you propose to power these cameras?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

103holland
Explorer
Explorer
Then it is not TRULY wireless. I don't want to tap into anything, just mount the cameras and plug in the monitor and see down the side of my Class A. I guess I am looking for the impossible, thanks for all your responses.

Halibut214
Explorer
Explorer
103holland wrote:
No not a security system but as side view cameras to eliminate blind spots, don't need recording feature just viewing, adding another wireless camera would allow front viewing as well.

Halibut, I noticed a cable coming from what I assume is a backup camera. Don't need or want that, does it have to be used or can just the side cameras and monitor be used?

The cameras themselves require a power supply which you can get from anywhere there is one. I wired mine into my clearance lights which made it clean and simple. I do however have to have my park lights turned on to get the needed power which is no big deal for me. I will be mounting another camera on the back pointing down at my hitch and one on each side to, as you say, "eliminate blind spots". The monitor allows you to select which camera(s) to display.

103holland
Explorer
Explorer
No not a security system but as side view cameras to eliminate blind spots, don't need recording feature just viewing, adding another wireless camera would allow front viewing as well.

Halibut, I noticed a cable coming from what I assume is a backup camera. Don't need or want that, does it have to be used or can just the side cameras and monitor be used?

Halibut214
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed exactly what you describe. While I'm still really POed with Rear View Saftey I installed the RVS-CW-CAM. It's wireless, 7" monitor, has a really good picture and you can install from 1 to 4 camera's. I must also say do not expect ANYTHING in the way of instructions, or support. I talked at length with two different "customer service" people neither having a clue about the camera. It was only after I requested instructions for returning it that I got a call from someone that knew everything about it and convinced me to give it a try. It's not HD but a really good pic with NO interference.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Well you need to be more clear... So like a security system?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

103holland
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks but I am not looking to replace my backup camera, just add another monitor with cameras.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
There are plenty of 12V solutions out there, so no need for an inverter.

Here is one such system
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad