cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Photo Hosting recommendations

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
I need to do something. I use my iPhone for photos. I hear Photobucket is terrible.

Suggestions......
Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L
15 REPLIES 15

Explorer
Explorer
I use Photobucket but Photobucket monitors the bandwidth used to access their photos if you put one on a site so if you have a popular website that you post your Photobucket photos to, you may find the photos are not able to be accessed if they exceed the bandwidth usage until that resets.

Flicker just announced a terabyte of storage on their free accounts. I am not sure if they also have the bandwidth restrictions.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

chrisguld
Explorer
Explorer
I use Picasa Web Albums, which is now the same as Google+ Photos if you've joined Google+. It's all free. If you agree to the size <=2048pixels (plenty big enough) then you get unlimited storage.
I have been keeping my pictures here since 2004.
If you install the Google+ App on your iPhone, there is a setting to automatically upload every photo to a private album.
Chris Guld
"Blessed are the Flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!"
Full time in our 37' Gulfstream Endura Super C
See our weblog/travelog, at GeeksOnTour.Blogspot.com
RV.net Blogger

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use Photobucket and have no issues with it. It works the same as it used to, just looks different.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

shakyjay
Explorer
Explorer
I use Flickr. I am not happy with the new interface. It no longer allows me to change the layout of my photostream page. Other than that it works well enough however for me that may just turn out to be a deal killer as I need that ability. If they do not change it I too will be looking for something different and take them up on their refund offer.
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2004 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel
1999 Dodge 1500 5.9L Gas

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
powderman426 wrote:
Auctiva has a free hosting site for use on ebay, but I have posted photos here using it and if you do sell anything on Ebay it makes that process painless. There is free and paid version.

This is also what I use, I also sell on eBay.
pawatt

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Five gigs of space isn't that much any more, not when pics can run several megabytes apiece. However, if you have software with which you can reduce the file size of the pics, you can get pretty far with that limitation.
๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
How much space do you need? Dropbox would be the easiest. It will auto upload photos taken from your iPhone using their free app. You can then direct link any photo for use in a website, send in an email, etc. Your photos will also be auto transferred and synced to your desktop, notebook, or tablets with Dropbox installed. Using their automatic camera upload tool, you'll get a total of up to 5G of free storage space.

I will be checking that out. Thanks!
Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L

How much space do you need? Dropbox would be the easiest. It will auto upload photos taken from your iPhone using their free app. You can then direct link any photo for use in a website, send in an email, etc. Your photos will also be auto transferred and synced to your desktop, notebook, or tablets with Dropbox installed. Using their automatic camera upload tool, you'll get a total of up to 5G of free storage space.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
camperpaul wrote:
Photobucket has become unnecessarily complicated ...

I am now using Tinypix.com for all of ny new stuff.

X2
I have had photobucket since 2005. Was great to begin with now just opening the site you are bombarded with glitter type, gifs and teenage garbage. Then you have to wait for your site to open etc etc. And when you are on the road with broadband I don't have to tell anyone what a pain.

>>tinypix fast and easy and free and no downloads of anything required to get your IMG! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Auctiva has a free hosting site for use on ebay, but I have posted photos here using it and if you do sell anything on Ebay it makes that process painless. There is free and paid version.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
Photobucket has become unnecessarily complicated ...

I am now using Tinypix.com for all of ny new stuff.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
GMT830 wrote:
I need to do something. I use my iPhone for photos. I hear Photobucket is terrible.

Suggestions......

I do not see anything terrible about Photobucket,actually it serves the purpose quite well.
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
I use Flickr as well. There is a free version with a great deal of space or the pro version with unlimited storage for around $20 per year. They have a new interface which I like a great deal! The link in my signature is to my Flickr site.
๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I presently us Picasa but I am approaching the limits for free storage. I am now in the process of upload all my pictures to Flickr with the promise of a terabyte of storage.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog