Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Price match?

JimInMich
Explorer
Explorer
Why wouldnt CW offer price matching?

I would love to spend my money with CW. I am wanting to purchase the King Jack antenna ( OA8200 ). CW offers it at $129.97. But I can buy it at AdventureRv.net for $97.03 + $10 shipping. Amazon sells it for $106.79 with free prime shipping. Walmart for $106.79 w/ Free shipping.

If it was just a 1-2 dollars difference, I'd be ok with that, but $23?

Keep your prices higher so the unsuspecting will make you a larger profit, but offer the price match so you can sell to those who shop around and earn their few dollars as well.
Current: 1987 Georgie Boy Encounter 34',John Deere chassis,460c.i./C6.
SOLD-2012 Cougar XLite 27RLS
SOLD-2008 Aerolite 24FB
SOLD-2004 Shadow Cruiser Fun Finder 189FBR
Just the Wife and I.
6 REPLIES 6

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We were buying an inflatable kayak and paddle board from Sea Eagle. Went to Amazon, Walmart and etc online to compare prices. The paddleboard was not any cheaper than what Sea Eagle was selling it for. The kayak was about $80 cheaper from buyng it online at Walmart with free shipping. Amazon wasn't any cheaper than Sea Eagle. I called Sea Eagle to see if they could match the price of the kayak with Walmart since I was buying a paddleboard as well. They wouldn't. So I bought it from Walmart.

Not everything can or will be price matched. As mentioned, buying power and contracts come into play sometimes.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
AmericalVette wrote:
I can't speak for Amazon, but I have a friend who is a "Buyer" for Wal Mart. He was telling me that they negotiate on many purchases and get deals simply because they buy in such bulk. With nearly 12,000 US locations and over 6,000 international locations, that is a lot of buying power.

Well yeah, that goes with saying that large Companies negotiate. I Many companies get products specially made for them so you can't price match, because the model # will have an A instead of a B. or missing 0ne usb port stuff like that
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak for Amazon, but I have a friend who is a "Buyer" for Wal Mart. He was telling me that they negotiate on many purchases and get deals simply because they buy in such bulk. With nearly 12,000 US locations and over 6,000 international locations, that is a lot of buying power.
Times fun when you're having flies!

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
They have priced matched for me several time. I guess My CW wants to keep me as a customer

X2. They have price matched for us many times over the last several years
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
They have priced matched for me several time. I guess My CW wants to keep me as a customer
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
JimInMich,

Thank you for contacting Camping World and providing your feedback. We do price match between our online prices and our store locations, but we do not price match with other retailers.

Thanks,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team