cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

(rant) ComCast is the absolute worst in service

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Comcast is supposedly a technology oriented company, yet they cannot manage to ship to me a simple converter box.

I do not accept deliveries at my home, last time Comcast tried, they left it somewhere at my place during a storm and I found the package 6 months later in a running stream after 5 feet of winter snow had melted. This is why I do not accept ANY packages at my house. Any other on-line seller or vendor will ship to my work office of which we receive package deliveries from DHL, FedEx, UPS on a daily basis ... everything except US Post Office mail.

Where I live, no one gets mail at the physical houses or business addresses- everyone and every business has a PO box. My local post office understands this and will even accept UPS and FedEx even with a PO box address, but Comcast cannot get it correct. They say they cannot send to a PO box, but when I try to explain it that they can send to mine if properly formatted that the local post office will sign for it ... but Comcast won't go further because they state UPS does not ship to PO boxes.

When I give them my office address where we get deliveries almost every day, they tell me there is no such address. I tell them it is because they use the USPS data base for addresses and since we do no get USPS mail they cannot go by that and they need to put in the address that I give them which I know will work because we get deliveries everyday. They tell me they cannot fill in an order to an invalid address. I tell them it is not an invalid address, you are using an invalid database.

I get deliveries from the simplest of companies from all over the US yet a mega technology company like Comcast cannot get it right. Amazing.

(rant over)
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
21 REPLIES 21

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
I told to leave as there is no easement. 4 months later com cast lawyer after I got tons of junk from them. Now they upgraded to wireless. But I had my fun.

LOL.

Telephone company refused to trim tree their wires ran through the middle, but the tree was rubbing on house and not safe near the bedrooms.

I told them they are required to maintain it to retain right of way. They refused, so I told them I am revoking their right of way for failure to maintain their lines.

After they argued a bit, I asked if they would trim the tree and repair their line if a tree fell on it. They said yes.

I told them I was safeguarding my property by cutting the tree down the next week. They could either come out and trim their lines out of the branches before that time, or they could pick their lines up off the ground.

The next morning they showed up with a bucket truck and a saw ๐Ÿ˜‰

BTW, I check with local gov't to confirm the telephone company was responsible, not the cable or township first.

"They" sure like to claim their power but not responsibilities. Don't be timid :C

Larry-D
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gotta love Comcast. Yesterday received a letter that I need to upgrade my modem because they're increasing speeds in my area. This morning got a pop-up on the computer screen saying the same thing. Thought, "okay lets see their recommended dealers for modem", since I wasn't doing anything else. Tried to log in and what are the odds, "technical difficulties" and can't log in.

I sit back and wonder why.

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m sure they are the pits just the same as Spectrum which is who we have in our area. I can say without a doubt they absolutely have the most arrogant customer no service Iโ€™ve ever been subjected to. Not to mention that they are the most overpriced company Iโ€™ve ever had the misfortune to deal with. Iโ€™m getting the last laugh though as Iโ€™m firing them effective December 20 and will not be paying anyone for cable the 3 months weโ€™re in Florida. Good luck dealing with your monopoly cable company as they are even more unscrupulous than the cell phone carriers.

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a Private MailBox (PMB) as opposed to a PO Box you sign 2 forms: one that allows them to receive your US Mail on your behalf from the USPS and a second form that allows them to sign for any mail/packages on your behalf when a signature is required.

Because a PMB has a street address and signature authority I would guess that Comcast would deliver to it.

BTW, there are more places to rent a PMB than a UPS Store. My PMB is with a mom/pop parcel store. It is more useful than any PO Box.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Larry-D
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow, where does one start with Comcast. Absolutely the worst customer service in the world and apparently they dont' care. The epitome of a monopolistic attitude.

We've had Comcast for years. Fire them three times over the years and now use them for only internet service.

Originally I cabled my own house. When digital started recabled. Eventually had problems and had to install a ground rod at their suggestion. Kept having DVRs which were always recycled units quit recording. Always returned the boxes and swapped our for yet another recycled unit.

The last time the box quit I decided they could come out and swap the box. The came out and said they had to install a ground wire to the house's grounding rod at the electric meter - new requirements, even though an 8' rod was 14" from the interface box on the side of the house. Well due to the construction of the house they wanted or would have had to run a ground wire on the exterior of the house to the other end and then had a problem with the driveway slab. I called it quits with them at that point.

18 months ago their pedestal in the front yard was hit by a car. I reported it 6 times over the 18 months and nothing until I told them to immediately discontinue my service. Amazing how that got their attention.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Recently moved to a new condo building in a different town. Scheduled Comcast to come out and transfer our service.

Tech shows up on time and spends the next 2 hours trying to get our service up and running. He finally figured out the wiring in the building, got everything connected and everything was good! Or so we thought.

The next day, DW calls me at the office and says that a Comcast truck was just out front and now all service is dead! So I jump on the phone with "India" and of course they are clueless. They want me to start rebooting devices. I tell them EVERYTHING (internet and two TV boxes) all went dead when the truck was out front. They insist on troubleshooting.....

After an hour on the phone, I hang up and call back, asking for a tech support supervisor. A bit of a runaround, but finally I reach an English speaking human. I explain the issue and they say they'll send a tech out, but the first available option is in 2 days!!!!! Takes me another 15 min to make them understand that this is unacceptable!

Finally, I get them to agree to send someone out in a couple of hours. The tech goes up on the pole and has us back up and running in 5 min! He also takes the time to call me and explain that the first tech simply took service from another condo unit to supply me. So they called and said their service was out and the next tech just swapped the service back to them, cutting me off!

His comment was that the first tech was just too lazy to climb the pole and set it up correctly. I did get a $20 credit on the next bill for the inconvenience. Should been more like $120!
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
I canโ€™t comment on Comcast though there is a lot of competition for the โ€œWorstโ€ title.

I have a very similar address situation though. After many go arounds with many shippers and carriers I got a box at the UPS Store. Problem solved. They accept anything and everybody ships there.
Larry

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
I booted Comcast after trying for 6 months to get a service issue fixed. I got tired talking to a person in India or Pakistan for a half hour before they would take a trouble ticket.

3 years ago I changed to DSL from my local telco and Dish. I haven't had 1 problem since and it was about half the price I paid to Comcast for less service. I also didn't have to haggle anymore with Comcast every other year over a huge price increase. Yes my Dish service package increased in price slightly but not exponentially Like Comcast.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
What's the alternative ?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:

Where I live, no one gets mail at the physical houses or business addresses- everyone and every business has a PO box. My local post office understands this and will even accept UPS and FedEx even with a PO box address, but Comcast cannot get it correct. They say they cannot send to a PO box, but when I try to explain it that they can send to mine if properly formatted that the local post office will sign for it ... but Comcast won't go further because they state UPS does not ship to PO boxes.

You don't understand how that process works. UPS and FedEx in conjunction with the USPS have a special shipment program where the USPS delivers the "last mile." Called Smart Post, I believe, the commercial carriers deliver to the USPS for the final delivery to the house or business. The USPS will not accept a delivery directly from UPS or FedEx and then they just graciously see that you get your package. If the shipment is not originated with the Smart Post, it will not gt to you via USPS.

Hopefully, someone who works with the USPS can better explain.

I will use this opportunity to give the USPS and their employees a big shout out. Where I live, they are great people, and a trip to my local Post Office is like a visit with friends. My carrier is a special lady who everyone enjoys saying hi to. She probably could finish sooner but people line up at their mailboxes to visit!

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
the USPS..

took my home of 40 years and changed it to a Not Valid Address ..... for no reason.
and its in a small city.. in OHIO...

YES, a very bad Database.. and almost impossible to get it corrected.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
At least Comcast is Number One at something - the worst customer service.

If I wrote about our adventures with Comcast over the years, we'd need a new and over-sized forum to finish the words. ๐Ÿ™‚ Stupidiocy in its finest hour.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Recently I had an email from Comcast telling me I needed a new cable box to get the highest speed. Said it was a free and easy swap. They sent it and I plugged it in. Ran there web app. to get it registered and it asked if the mobile phone I was calling from was the correct phone for the account.

I said yes and it said great we're installing it at ... which was our place in Florida not NH. I took ours speaking to India to get this resolved.

Oh, and I checked the speed before disconnecting the old box 100/12 down/up speeds. With the new faster box 65/10 down/up

All that for slower service.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Back when we had a house in NJ and one on Nantucket we decided to stay on Nantucket and called Comcast to have them disconnect NJ and remove the equipment. We had someone ready to meet them at the NJ house at 9:15 in the morning. Right about 9:15 in the morning there was a knock on my door... on Nantucket. Go figure.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36