cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacing video control center

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
My video control center that switches various inputs to to various tv's has broken connector. Unit was from ASA and was passive (no 12v input connector required). They no longer have those units. I ordered Magnadyne VCS-10 video control center and found it needs a 12v input which I can't find conveniently in RV compartment housing the electronics. I looked further and only units I found required 12v connector input. Anyone know if a passive unit is available or have suggestions on providing the 12v input?
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA
5 REPLIES 5

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. Instructions that came with unit did not mention use of 12v, just showed the plug in position on the unit. I did some searching on internet and found a more complete instruction sheet that solved problem. 12v NOT needed for normal use but only if you need to provide 12v to over the air antenna. Since my over the air is already powered do not need it at all. Wish companies would send complete instruction with units and not require internet searching. Oh well!
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
DaveG39 wrote:
My video control center that switches various inputs to to various tv's has broken connector. Unit was from ASA and was passive (no 12v input connector required). They no longer have those units. I ordered Magnadyne VCS-10 video control center and found it needs a 12v input which I can't find conveniently in RV compartment housing the electronics. I looked further and only units I found required 12v connector input. Anyone know if a passive unit is available or have suggestions on providing the 12v input?

It needs 12V input for what? The Cable, TV, Satellite, Aux connections should not require 12V as it is either not required or it is provided elsewhere. If it has a DVD modulator then you will need to add 12V power but you did not have it before so you should not need it now.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dan_Henry
Explorer
Explorer
The newer TVs have AV HMDI inputs that you switch your inputs and you will nor need the push button switched

MrWizard
You want one with physical switches doing the work, not electronics
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I changed mine out that failed to the later models that require 12 volts DC. The 12 volts DC on mine replaced the power supply to the over the air antenna. I used the feed to the old antenna power supply to power video switch.
See note 1 on your installation instructions.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker