cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart tv

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last winter we bought a new tv. It was great but now the colors are weird. Reds are kind of fuschia and blues are purple. We have messed with settings and can’t get it better. My question is… could this be from our Dish Hopper? We did get a new hopper from Dish a few months ago cause old one quit. Can’t remember if the color difference started then or not.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
11 REPLIES 11

I'd do what others have suggested and first swap out the cables. It could also be from a faulty tv input (HDMI?). So try switching to another available input.

Did you also try unplugging the tv, not just power off/on which just puts it on standby. This should reboot the internal operating system, similar to smartphones. Has fixed many problems with my Vizio smart tv, including occasionally losing audio for no reason. Or not syncing with the correct picture format. Want's to display in Ultra Panavision now and then? :S

Also, had one dead HDMI input. Not a fan of Vizio.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I seriously doubt it's the HOPPER but.. not impossible

More likely the HDMI cable.. I've had issues with cables causing color changes. But hold on. Alas I'm do not understand HDMI well enough.

In the old days.. I knew how to fix that. But that was then. Modern flat screens don't have that issue (Stray magnetic fields that need neutralizing)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new Samsung last year and had the same problem, except I used it for streaming only. WIFI, No HDMI. Returned it and replaced with VIZIO. Great picture, but they have their own set of 'smart tv' problems.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did the reset and it didn’t help. On WiFi/Tubi the colors are fine. Must be the hdmi from the hopper.
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
wildtoad wrote:
Can you do a total reset on the tv back to factory settings? How do OTA channels look if you can get them?

This is what I have done for repeat problems. It is also what the manufacture suggests first and most often.

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
I connected to my iPhone hotspot and colors are good. So it’s probably the hdmi from hopper to tv?
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Connect the TV to something else and see if anything changes. Antenna, computer, DVD player, something.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you do a total reset on the tv back to factory settings? How do OTA channels look if you can get them?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you returned the TV to factory settings?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Samsung smart TV of many years is connected to my 10 year old HDMI cable to my laptop and so far no problems with image. I also sometimes use ROKU, Amazon, and Chrome streaming devices with no image issues plus use a DVD/Blue Ray DVD player frequently.

Yes my HDMI cable is at least 10 years old as I bought it from a Circuit City going out out of business sale in central Texas.

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I've had that happen with a bad HDMI cable. Since, they're cheap, that's the first thing I would try.