cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sirius Radio for RVs Reception

ken_burke
Explorer
Explorer
All . . . . I am thinking of buying equipment for the SiriusXM system. What reception do you get with Sirius?? Do you have to have a truckers antenna to get good signals??
I am having mixed emotions about Sirius . . . . costs 425 dollars for equipment for my truck. I am not sure it is worth it.
Thanks . . . . . ken
2011 Ford F-350 6.7 diesel, Crew Cab, LB, SRW, 4X4, White
Cedar Creek 34SB, 37 feet 5th wheel, Reese 20K Hitch
"So many questions, so little time."
37 REPLIES 37

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I pay $60 for five months. Just don't forget to cancel before it auto renews. They will not refund the higher rate.

So you call, cancel and argue for the cheap rate.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
BobKrogstie wrote:
The last year I had it the renewal was somewhere in the $300 range, I called, they stood firm, I cancelled.
You do the same thing with your TV, or your phone service?

No. I have pay as you go TracFone and no TV service.
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
$ 425 for equipment I got mine at Best Buy for $60.
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
BobKrogstie wrote:
The last year I had it the renewal was somewhere in the $300 range, I called, they stood firm, I cancelled.
You do the same thing with your TV, or your phone service?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to best buy. They have portable systems for around a hundred dollars. With one of these you can move it from truck to trailer, to house, to other cars. No reason buying a big buck built in one.

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
ken burke wrote:
All . . . . I am thinking of buying equipment for the SiriusXM system. What reception do you get with Sirius?? Do you have to have a truckers antenna to get good signals??
I am having mixed emotions about Sirius . . . . costs 425 dollars for equipment for my truck. I am not sure it is worth it.
Thanks . . . . . ken

and then an asking $250 - $350/year for the subscription. First couple of years I was able to call them and tell them I wanted to cancel my subscription because of what I considered to be an outrageous amount and they offered their "special rate" (they were asking $265 and I got it for $85). The last year I had it the renewal was somewhere in the $300 range, I called, they stood firm, I cancelled.
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just have the little bulb antenna. Works fine except for in canyons or tunnels. Love Sirius radio. Nice to have the same stations everywhere and no fading.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
I got it with my truck and extended warranty for life, like it... reception is good, only draw back is heading NW and North as the camper overhang blocks the Sat signal. Antenna on the truck roof.

While I do have the little extended antenna, I haven't put it on the front hood. There are other discussions on this on location but I'm planning, when I figure out how to access the box behind the glove box somewhere, to put it on the front cent of hood.

Other than that, it's good to listen to, news, music, comedy etc.. so to me, well worth it. Especially out west where stations aren't as dense and a lot of blank areas of reception..

Again, only draw back, easily solvable, is the signal blocking.
I'm full time, so it's more appreciated than just weekend camping.

Hope that helps...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website