cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

socialbots

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Do you thing GS uses social bots on this forum. Maybe in the ask Marcus/complaint responses. They sound pretty canned. Maybe used in other sections?
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
16 REPLIES 16

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
Rollnhome wrote:
Do you thing GS uses social bots on this forum. Maybe in the ask Marcus/complaint responses. They sound pretty canned. Maybe used in other sections?
if you've ever engaged bots you would know the answer.

I would? How? I'm not that savy about it.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
This has come up before, and Marcus has publicly denied their use here.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Rollnhome wrote:
if you've ever engaged bots you would know the answer.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
The socialbots I speak of have user names and participate in the conversation.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I do not doubt that GS already employs bots. They are in business for money. If you are reading a topic about converters and a ad pops up (unless you have adblocker) about converters at CW, it is likely targeting you. That is OK with me, as long as they are not calling my house. It's business.

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Rollnhome wrote:
To bad Old Biscuit. Something you should be at least aware of if you are involved in any internet forums or service type reviews. Your decision.

Why? are they going to invade, cause damage.....little nanobots

Or are you thinking I'm incapable of making informed decisions based on facts vs internet hype?

No. Nothing personal. Just an aspect of internet social communication that I thought people would like to be aware of or know. Guess I thought wrong, sorry.
I would still like to know. Yes they already have invaded. I'm sure they have influenced some or they would not be as prolific as they are.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
I thought Etch A Sketch was amazing technology when it came out. Like a lot on here I can remember no TV.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rollnhome wrote:
To bad Old Biscuit. Something you should be at least aware of if you are involved in any internet forums or service type reviews. Your decision.

Why? are they going to invade, cause damage.....little nanobots

Or are you thinking I'm incapable of making informed decisions based on facts vs internet hype?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
The Machines and Computers ARE taking over....:E

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
It is a computer program that is designed to act human and direct or suggests or trys to guide the topics of social forums. Twitter and Facebook is loaded with them Twitter is reported to be 65 percent social bot influenced. Used for advertising as well as political topics, company goodwill or proproduct or company posts. Could be used for bad "reviews" too.