cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sofa Order

jffhlbrt1
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered and paid for a sofa on March 27, 2014 at the San Martin Camping World. As of today, we still have not received our sofa. We have made numerous calls to the location for a status update. Each time we have received "we will call you back with an update" response from store personnel and store management.

According to Vanessa, who we were working with at the store, a sofa arrived on 4/14. We went to look at this sofa on 4/15 and noticed it was not the sofa we ordered nor was it the sofa pictured in any of the advertisements. Of course, we didn'take possession of this sofa and requested Vanessa report the issue to the manufacturer.

On 4/16, we received a call from Vanessa stating she had spoken with corporate about the differences. She promised to call us back with a status update the next day. We were in no hurry, so a few days went by without a call. We didn't hear back from her until 4/29 at which time she stated the couch had to be rebuilt. According to her, this would only take a few days and we would have our couch within a week or so. We called a few days later to check the status, since we had not heard from her at the allotted time, only to find out there were flaws in the materials during the rebuild and there would be more delays.

On 5/6, we spoke with Vanessa and James, the store manager. They were still waiting on the couch, per their conversation with the manufacturer.

On 5/23 we received a call from Max. (I'm not sure how he got involved.) Max had spoken with the manufacturer and our couch was slated to be shipped by Monday (5/26). He would call me back with a tracking number before he left for the day. There was no tracking number given on 5/23.

On 5/27, I called Camping World for an update and was promised a tracking number before the end of the business. No new information was provided that day either.

Today, 5/28, I spoke with the Store Manager (James) who promised to call me back with tracking information. He left me a voice message stating he had spoken with the manufacturer who was supposed to provide him a tracking number before the close of business today. I still have not heard anything from Vanessa, Max, or James.

I think we have been more than patient at this point and want our couch. Based on our interaction with this store, we now understand why this location has received the low review scores.

Seriously reconsidering our relationship with Camping World,
[COLOR=]Jeff, Steve, & Nala
09 Damon Challenger 371
09 Honda Accord
Bakersfield, CA
10 REPLIES 10

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
Of course its possible for any business to order and receive a defective product; however, when this happens the business should order and install a new item with a smile and an apology. Displaying an attitude to the customer is not acceptable.

jffhlbrt1
Explorer
Explorer
Paulsang,
Oh trust me, this is definitely the last straw. When we get this issue resolved. We are cutting our ties with Camping World. I workamp at an RV park and will definitely not recommend this location or any other camping world to our guest.
09 Damon Challenger 371
09 Honda Accord
Bakersfield, CA

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
We avoid Camping World like the plague. My partner is more forgiving than I. I won't even step into the property. I will pay more somewhere else before I give them a dime of my money.

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW!!! Good luck with this mess.

We're new to the RV world and had issues with our first trip to the local Camping World this week.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

jffhlbrt1
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE!!!!

As of today, we still don't have our issue resolved. Instead we have a defective sofa and attitude from the store.

June 30th we had an appointment scheduled to have a sofa installed at the San Martin Location. Max Hayes, the pompous & arrogant Service Manager, left a voice mail informing us there were issues with the installation. There was an issue with the platform our old sofa was sitting on and uncertainty about the steel bar underneath the sofa. By the time we got the voicemail, we were on our way to pick up our rig, thinking everything was fine.

We arrived at the location to discuss the issues. To make a long story short, Max couldn't figure out how to remove the sofa because he thought the steel bar was holding the sofa in place. My partner pointed out it only held down the seat belts and was not a part of the old sofa. Yelp, a seat belt bar that's attached to the floor of the slide, prevented him from installing the sofa. This from someone who bragged about his 20 years of RV experience. Oh and he couldn't figure out how to run out the sofa slide.

By the time, my partner solved the dilemma, the service department was closing, so Max promised to have the sofa installed the following morning. My partner had a scheduled meeting and I was scheduled to work also. So off we went to find a hotel that would accept pets on a short notice.

In the midst of all the confusion, we did not have accommodations for our pet. She does not do kennels!! So, I had to miss a day of work, in order to check on the status of our sofa and take care of out pet. I went to the store and paged Max, but he never showed so I used a spare key to let myself into our RV. I was in the RV a couple of minutes or so, when Vanessa (a store employee) came in and asked about the sofa. I pointed out to her, the holes in the replacement sofa. Yes, they had installed a sofa with holes!!! I couldn't believe this happening, especially from someone who touted his 20 years of experience when questioned about his skills and abilities.

I called corporate to report this issue and they were no help either. They took my information and told me someone would get in contact with me within 2 days. This was unacceptable and I demanded to have the regional manager call me. Later that day Brad, the regional manager, called. He gave me 3 choices: put our old sofa back in, keep the damaged sofa, or order another sofa. I agreed to ordering another sofa and keeping the newly installed one until the new one arrives.

So now we are waiting for another sofa. Boy oh Boy!!! This should be interesting since Max failed to ask any questions or review any of the previous issues. So on June 8th about mid morning, my partner called the store numerous times to check the status of the new, new sofa order. No one answered. I tried calling from my phone, still no answer. Around 2:30pm, I received a call from Vanessa who said she saw where I had tried several times to call the store. I asked why no one answered, her response was "I am not sure why no one answered your call, they must have seen your name on caller id." So the store was screening our calls.

I am so disgusted with Camping World. Stay tuned....
09 Damon Challenger 371
09 Honda Accord
Bakersfield, CA

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello jffhlbrt1,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, and want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could please send me a private message with your contact information, I would be happy to have someone address this right away. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you for your time and have a good weekend!

Elizabeth Black-Osborn
Marcus Rapid Response Team

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
Another satisfied Camping World customer.
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

jffhlbrt1
Explorer
Explorer
Jim, we paid with our debit card.

Luke, we found "review scores" on Yelp and google. Type in the name of the business and you can find scores.
09 Damon Challenger 371
09 Honda Accord
Bakersfield, CA

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
jffhlbrt1 wrote:

Based on our interaction with this store, we now understand why this location has received the low review scores.

Where did you find "review scores"?
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Did you pay with a credit card? If so you need to dispute the bill because after 60 days you will not be able to dispute the bill.

JimR