cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts on AT&T fixed Wireless

bayoubelle
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that AT&T is offering fixed wireless in my area. I am rural and currently have my AT&T hotspot as my only internet. As far as speed, my hotspot serves me well, but I am limited on data usage and itโ€™s expensive.

I was wondering how this fixed wireless internet stacks up to a hotspot. I have done some reading and if I understand correctly, this is still cellular internet, they just put equipment in your home to create a WiFi.

I would appreciate any thoughts or reviews of this service, sine it would definitely offer me more data than what I currently have.
Former 5ver owner
Upgrading to a Class C
18 REPLIES 18

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
Check out AT&T Homebase. 250G a month for the same price I was paying for an AT&T hotspot. You may have to do some searching because my local office had never heard of it.

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
bayoubelle wrote:
Fixed wireless is for a stick house, itโ€™s the answer for rural areas that canโ€™t get broadband or fiber optic WiFi. AT&T unlimited doesnโ€™t allow you to use all your devices on a hotspot, they limit it to 10 go a month. Wonโ€™t work for me, 2 iphones, 2 laptops and an iPad.

I am trying to get WiFi in my stick house.

I have two hotspots that each allow 15 devices to connect to it. As far as data they are allowed 22gb each before they are subject to be slowed only when on a congested tower. They are suitable for home use. One my Homebase is on the "home phone and internet" plan designed for home use. All on the Unlimited + plan.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

bayoubelle
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed wireless is for a stick house, itโ€™s the answer for rural areas that canโ€™t get broadband or fiber optic WiFi. AT&T unlimited doesnโ€™t allow you to use all your devices on a hotspot, they limit it to 10 go a month. Wonโ€™t work for me, 2 iphones, 2 laptops and an iPad.

I am trying to get WiFi in my stick house.
Former 5ver owner
Upgrading to a Class C

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
We used almost 500gb a month while on the road for 7 months this summer using ATT WIFI hotspots. I have three that cost me 60 + taxes a month (all 3) since we have ATT phones. Unlimited+ is the way to go.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4