cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Transponder selection on Pathway X2

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at my signal strength yesterday I noticed it would substantially change when I picked different transponders. It was initially a low signal (high 30s) and changing it, I was able to get it to low 60s. Having never looked at this before, my question is, is this something that I should always manually set or is this automatic when you do the initial setup an enter your zip code, etc? I was in central NY and on the Eastern arc if that makes a difference.
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel
5 REPLIES 5

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I knew there were people on here that knew way more than I could ever hope to. Thanks!
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Selecting transponders is of no value. Each time you change channels the receiver selects the transponder on that satellite where that channel is broadcast. You can't pick it, the receiver picks it and it changes as you go through the channels.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes and no, you don't need to select the transponder manually (assuming you're subscribed to the DISH network). The DISH receiver will automatically select the satellite/transponder combination to give you the best available picture quality for the channel you're viewing.

The diagnostic screen that you're viewing is best used to help you locate the X2 around your campsite so that you get the best satellite signal strength at your current location (avoiding obstructions and tree cover).

When traveling, the eastern arch satellites (61.5 and 72) provide the best signal strength in the eastern states and the western arch satellites (110, 119, and 129) are best in the western states.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
I realize that it usually has a picture or not and the quality won't improve. I'm asking for the times that I might not be able to get a good enough signal to have it drop the signal.
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
For DISH Network it really doesn't make that much difference. Any reception in the high 20's or above will produce the same quality picture.