cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trouble downloading photos from I phone 6s

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
It used to work to plug in the phone to our Windows 7 computer with a USB cord & download to the computer. Then, probably after some software update, it stopped working. My sister tried to help us get the photos to the cloud, but it still didnโ€™t work with our computer. Now we are REALLY confused! Also, the photos wonโ€™t delete from the cloud. (We ended up getting the photos from the cloud onto my sisterโ€™s computer & using a flash drive to transfer them to our computer.). Thanks in advance for any help!
6 REPLIES 6

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Traveler7 wrote:
One suggestion- sign up for free Dropbox and put it on your phone- then save to Dropbox and Download to your Computer.

I do that on my Samsung. Take pictures and they just show up on my computer if my phone is on WiFi anywhere. Dropbox on the phone can automatically sweep the photo storage so no action needed to save them, at least on Android. Super easy and I like having them locally stored in addition to the cloud.

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
One suggestion- sign up for free Dropbox and put it on your phone- then save to Dropbox and Download to your Computer.
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I, too missed that feature when Apple took it away for Windows XP in my case. I updated an old XP computer to Windows 7, then to Windows 10. The iPhone and iPad photos copy to the Windows 10 in the same convenient way they used to in Windows XP.

If I hadnโ€™t had spare computers (recycled from discards) I would have just gone to the library once a month to transfer the photos on a Windows 10 computer.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We tried that already. That is what worked in the past. We also tried putting them in the cloud, but couldnโ€™t get them to transfer from there to the computer. Do we have to go to Windows 10? Thanks!

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
Just went through this. With later software versions on the iPhone:

Unlock your phone and plug your phone into a USB port on your computer using the regular charging cable that came with it. Your phone should show a message asking if you want to trust this computer. Of course say "yes". If you say "no", or ignore the message for too long, it goes away and nothing works. Disconnect, reboot the computer and the iPhone and try again (reboots not always needed, but sometimes...)

You shouldn't have to do this again in the future.

After saying "yes", on the computer, under "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer" you should see a new disk drive. You will have to open some folders and sub folders to find your pictures (all you can access is pictures, so it can sometimes be a hunt to find which folder the ones you want have been stored in).

COPY those pictures to your computer. Do not cut-n-paste, and do not delete them using the computer, doing so can give a few problems later with syncing them to the cloud, etc. If you want to delete, do it on the phone.
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
There are 3rd party applications that run on Windows that allow you to upload and download directly from your iPhone with a USB cord. I have very little experience so I can not recommend one.