cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turning off Control Zone Touch Pad

southernkilowat
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a new computer, a HP ENVY with a HP Control Zone Track Pad.
Every time I try to type a letter, or on facebook or any other typing job I invariably touch the track pad with my hands. With my fingers on the home keys "asdf-jkl;" my palms rest on this pad. If I go to the control panel it will allow me to make the response time slower so as not to interfere with typing and I have done that but it is still a problem.
I would love to disable the touch pad completely, and use the wireless mouse only.
Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thank you in advance!

SK
5 REPLIES 5

southernkilowat
Explorer
Explorer
Figured it out finally! Control Panel- Mouse Options- select " disable internal mouse when USB mouse is detected"

Yay!!!! It worked!!!

southernkilowat
Explorer
Explorer
rvten wrote:
Go to the Touch Oad setting. You can turn it off. You can adjust the sencetivity of the TP.

I have done that, you can only adjust the sensitivity but you cannot turn it completely off.

In just typing this response, I have had to correct the mouse twice.
Sometimes it will even wipe out completely what you have been typing! UGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Makes me wanna throw it!!!!

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes there's a on-off button right above the touch pad.

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the Touch Oad setting. You can turn it off. You can adjust the sencetivity of the TP.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go to Control Panel and Mouse/Pointing Device. Exactly what the name is depends on what operating system you're using. There may be a setting in there that will allow you turn off the touch for left click. However not all laptops have the option of turning off the touchpad. You may be able to disable the touchpad in Device Manager but I've not tried that.

And you also might check the Customer Support for your HP ENVY. Do a Search for "Disable Touchpad". You might get lucky. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"