cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tv interference

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
While watching tv off the air (antenna), I am getting some audio and video interference on my 12 volt television whenever I turn on the fan or ac in my motorhome. Is there a filter or some device I can plug into the coax cable or somewhere to alleviate this?
4 REPLIES 4

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Tighten all your cable connections.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Also make sure all your ground connections are solid.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are many devices that can cause TVI (Television Interference) or RFI (radio Frequency Interference)

LED lights are noted
If your TV is running on batteries even standard lights (Lower the voltage) can do it.

Fans.. Some have burshless motors (no interference) others brushes (interference).

BOOK.. ARRL.ORG click on the store link look for Radio Frequency Interference.. I think they have a few books on the subject. I used to have one of them (ARRL's own) and it was very comnprehensive since it was written by people who actually know what they are dealing with.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there's both 12v power supply filters and A/V noise filters that go inline on your coax. I suspect you can get both over the counter at say Radio Shack.