cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visible Cell Plans & Service

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
DW & I are seriously considering ditching Verizon. Being senior citizens on a fixed income, the monthly cost is simply to much for us.
One of the plans we're looking at is Visible's 30 dollar a month plan. It's the same as what we have now with Verizon but are paying over twice as much.
Those that are using Visible, what are your opinions. They say they are using Verizon towers & looks like the same coverage, so sounds like it's basically the same but cheaper. Is it worth ditching Verizon for?
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰
30 REPLIES 30

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
We switched from Verizon to Visible when they first brought it out. Have been very satisfied and have never found a place that we did not have coverage. It is our only phone service and I also use it as a hotspot when we are in our trailer in the Northern Michigan woods.
I pay $25/month all in. There are no additional charges at all - ie taxes, surcharges, fees, etc.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Visible has a 30% off sale on a handful of their phones. I think the sale started on the 9th. It ends the 16th.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

atodalen
Explorer
Explorer
My wife had problems with dropped calls on the original Visible plan No problems since switching hers to Tello. I had 1 business that my call wouldn't connect to. It would ring once and then go dead. Talking to them they suspect it had to do with their VOIP service. I've since switched my phone to the new Visible plan and haven't noticed any issues. YMMV
Al and Deedee
Spokane, WA
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
F53 chassis w/ JMcKinley CHF and Brazel's UltraTrac rear trac bar
2006 Honda CR-V, Blue Ox Aventa LX, RoadMaster Even Brake

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
Be aware, however, that it will slow your data when the network is congested.

We've been on it for a couple of years and we have never seen that throttling. I did not see a mention of that in the new plan description either. However they do throttle to 5 mb/sec at all times. Usually not an issue.

Just going by what the rep told me. I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone in every situation.

If the plan were perfect, nobody would use Verizon anymore.

I dropped Verizon 2 years ago for T-mobile cut my bill in half with unlimited data. Pleased for the most part but coverage isn't as good. I am also AT&T customer since 1993 as fulltimers we knew we could cover better with two providers. I did switch to Consumer Cellular to as they cost less than AT&T but the same coverage. For all of you worried about price and service I paid $50 a month in '93' for 50 minutes and roaming was a toss up
I got nailed with a $11 roaming charge for a 1 minute call letting a customer know I would be late due to a weather related accident that tied up traffic.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
I'm very likely going to switch to Visible.
Now that I have Starlink, I don't need to pay for Verizon's excellent coverage. As long as I have a phone that allows wifi calling (not that I make many phone calls) I'm good. And, of course, a phone that Visible will let me keep. I like my smartphone.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
milo wrote:
DW & I are seriously considering ditching Verizon.

DO IT and don't look back.

Verizon jacked up my rate last summer. I think they did it to everyone. It's classified as a surcharge of some sort, kind of like how UPS adds a "fuel surcharge" when they deem it necessary to jack up rates and do it in an easy way.

I'm very likely going to switch to Visible.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:

We've been on it for a couple of years and we have never seen that throttling. I did not see a mention of that in the new plan description either. However they do throttle to 5 mb/sec at all times. Usually not an issue.
Not entirely true. Only the hotspot data is capped at 5 Mb/s. Data on the phone is not capped. There is a way to remove the hotspot data rate cap. It involves editing a script on a wireless router or doing a registry edit for the Windows firewall.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
โ€ฆ. Been with Visible since it started and have no complaints. Also have Mobley for the few times weโ€™re somewhere that Verizon isnโ€™t.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:

Just going by what the rep told me. I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone in every situation.

If the plan were perfect, nobody would use Verizon anymore.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Visible IS owned by Verizon. fyi.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I each have our phones on visible and I have my watch on it also. Both phones on old plan at 25 each and watch at 5. Hotspot and streaming are great. Facetime is great.. Data is great we have never experienced any problem with phone service.

Since we switched from Verizon about 3 years ago we have been satisfied.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II

Yeah just like the unlimited plans of T-mobile, AT&T & Verizon.
2014 Cougar 26sab

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Lots of visible recent posts

2oldman..thank you. I searched & searched and only found one thread.
2014 Cougar 26sab

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress