cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 10 Movie Maker

kartsahd
Explorer
Explorer
I want to make some videos with Win 10 Movie Maker but I want to do the audio (first) and then add the pictures/video. I can not seem to figure out how to do this without having a pic/vid first then adding audio second. I need to do the audio first because I want to narrate a story first then go back and add pictures and video to fit what I am talking about. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Nero is a good program with more features.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

kartsahd
Explorer
Explorer
Yah, I had tried the add a temporary picture, then do the audio, and then replace the temporary pic, and THEN add the new video/pictures. Just kind of allot of extra work. I use to have a really old program that came with a camera back in around 2000 that worked really good and let me cut, paste, do audio, video, lengthen, shorten, move clips around ect. no problem. I just thought after almost 20 years things would be easier. Sorta like my pet peeve with DVDs and pay for view. VHS you just started stopped when you wanted. Now when I pause and go to kitchen to get pop corn the d@mn thing has shut off and if I hit a wrong button I have to start at beginning again. :S I will look into some other programs you suggested. Thanks for the info you guys are great.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
YC 1 wrote:
Add one picture, add your audio, go back and add the video you want and delete the temporary picture. Audio can go on past the single frame or video.

That's what I do.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Add one picture, add your audio, go back and add the video you want and delete the temporary picture. Audio can go on past the single frame or video.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link to some free Movie Maker alternatives:
http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-windows-movie-maker-alternative

I haven't tried any of these, but they look promising.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
I tried and cannot find a way.
Could you maybe build your movie, save it with no audio, then play it through while your narrate through a microphone saving the microphone audio as an mp3 then reopen your movie adding the microphone mp3.
Sorry not sure if I'm making sense even to myself.