cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Carry Out

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older Carryout (5 years old) and the last time I tried to use it, it would not work. I have Dish network. On another forum I read that Dish upgraded their system and these antennas will no longer work. They will still work with Direct however.
Has anybody else experienced this?
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel
6 REPLIES 6

justme
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older carryout as well and it works fine with Dish Network. However one needs to pay attention to which satellites the dip switches are set for. In the Northeast it is difficult to pickup the Western Arc satellites. I have set my Carryout to get the Eastern Arc until I travel in the mid-west and west. Then I set it to the Western Arc. In Florida it makes no difference and I set to what ever Satellites that have a clear view. Saying all that the only problem I have with the Carry out is that it has a smaller reflector and wags out in some rain storms.

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
Bummer! I have the same Winegard working with DirecTV. No problems. Sorry, they are expensive enough without the carrier changing things up.
Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
My Winegard Carryout still works on Dish Network. It, too, is probably about 5 years old.

PS: I'm in Philly but, I think, I'm on the western arc sats... 110, 119, 129. One more caveat: There is a building overhang blocking whichever is the HD sat so I can't say for sure that it works right now but the SD sure works.

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
My portable Winegard is in my 5th season and my book says if I have dish network I have to take cover off and flip switch inside. If you need more info I can look inside my camper and get the winegard hookup folder in the morning. I have DirectTV setup.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dish changed their broadcast frequency and that rendered most of the older Dish dome style antennas inoperable. You can call Winegard and ask them if your antenna is no longer usable with Dish. It is not a Winegard issue, it is an issue with ALL older dome style antennas and Dish Network. As you mentioned, DirecTV did not change there signal and your dome would still work with DirecTV (SD only, but no HD). You might be able to sell it to a DirecTV customer and get yourself one of the newer dome antennas that will work with the new Dish Network technology.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Explain "would not work".