Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Choice of Internet Security Prorams

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Toshiba L55-A5226 lpatop, Windows 10/64, Anniv. edition

I've been using Norton Security for a number of years, and have been generally satisfied with the program, but I decided to experiment a little since the subscription is expiring. I uninstalled Norton and installed Super Anti-spyware Pro which I purchased online for a sale price of only $9. I like that it runs alongside Windows Defender without shutting it off, as other AV programs usually do. It's too early to tell if I'm going to like this setup, but I always have the option of going back to Norton or any other security suite.

Any comments or suggestions about what programs you folks are using on your computers?
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
22 REPLIES 22

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
I use COMODO, Malwarebytes. and CCleaner. I don't think there is a perfect one with all the Hacking.
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been happy with Norton, but AVG makes a pretty good product. I've used their free program at times when I was shopping for a new "pay for" program.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
Here's a review of Superantispyware. It doesn't compare very well to the big industry names. I've used Norton for years on our computers without any problems. Amazon usually has some deals on it just after Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thanks for the link. I read the review. I'll probably experiment with another program, Maybe AVG or Avast. I first tried downloading Malwarebytes Premium (that was my first choice) but had trouble with their website. I tried downloading their advertised offer of a free trial before purchase, but when I tried to install it, it asked for a key, which you only get if you purchase the product. Without a key, it can't be installed. That sort of turned me off. I do have Malewarebytes Free, which I use from time to time, but you need the premium product for real-time usage.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

ctilsie242
Explorer II
Explorer II
Malwarebytes. However, I like using Hyper-V with Windows 10, and doing my web browsing in a virtual machine. That way, since malvertising and browser exploits are the #1 way of getting compromised, if the VM gets hosed, no biggie... my data is quite safe in another spot.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Sophos cloud security. It does not need a full time Internet connection, but you do need to connect regularly, as the threats are constantly changing.

This is their full commercial product, you get 10 copies free for home use.

Clicky
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's a review of Superantispyware. It doesn't compare very well to the big industry names. I've used Norton for years on our computers without any problems. Amazon usually has some deals on it just after Thanksgiving and Christmas.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

MrWizard
i presently use Avast and NoScript and Ad Blocker
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
I also use Norton but have been disappointed in it's ability to stop some of the nuisance programs that give you pop up ads all over the place. I've tried some of the free add blockers but haven't really found anything to satisfy all my needs. Just my 2 cents, wish I had a good recommendation for you.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4