cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anything else I need???

phxchica
Explorer
Explorer
Okay thanks to your invaluable advice I am now equipped with EMS, water pressure regulator, water filter, winegard satellite and dish convertor boxes, a portable air compressor and now (while buying the compressor) I chose to get the tire pressure monitoring system as well. (Last year I had a rental car with the tire pressure monitor which saved me from a rapidly deflating tire on the bay bridge, so I jumped on this for the rv). Am I at least close to the end of the list for must haves?. I have a 2016 Jayco Greyhawk.
22 REPLIES 22

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
haha, your original comment was quite obviously "tongue-in-cheek"/sarcasm.

Well, excuuuuuuuuze me! :B

I was awake, brain wasn't. Keep in mind, however, this post was from a newbie who might not catch the sarcasm.

:B

Your first post in this thread about having a sense of humor was dead on! ๐Ÿ™‚
I love me some land yachting

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8yxm wrote:
Did you remember the can of WD-40? Also a can of genuine spray lube (I often get the spellig wrong) Silicone. WD is a penetrating oil, not a lubricating oil.

Oh and the most important things.. Small (Wallet size) plastic retangles with 16 digit numbers on them.. And names.. Master Card, VISA,, and so on.. Lots of those.
Actually, you don't need lots of them, just one......With a Very Large limit. :B
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
that traveling will not make you monetarily rich but oh so rich in experience.

Truer words were never spoken. My son is now 24 but has traveled considerably state-side, a good amount in Canada and some in Europe. We always took the time to give him some "education", from visiting NASA to driving him through Appalachia to see how good he has it and how tough others have it. As I've watched him grow up and got to know his friends, it was obvious which ones had traveled and which hadn't. No amount of money can replace the memories, whether you fly to your destination or RV.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

phxchica
Explorer
Explorer
Funny I usually start freaking out when I see money flowing out the door but so far I am just having fun. The past ten years have been multiple weeks trips out of the country so after having to drop $5000 on airfare each summer this still feels like saving money overall. I do agree that traveling will not make you monetarily rich but oh so rich in experience. Crowe we were in the Blue Lagoon two summers ago...wish I could get my rv up there for a few weeks.

Again thanks all. I enjoy your humor and I will make sure to have plenty of those little plastic cards with me...got any you want to share?.:). Safe travels my friends.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

Well, excuuuuuuuuze me! :B

I was awake, brain wasn't. Keep in mind, however, this post was from a newbie who might not catch the sarcasm.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you remember the can of WD-40? Also a can of genuine spray lube (I often get the spellig wrong) Silicone. WD is a penetrating oil, not a lubricating oil.

Oh and the most important things.. Small (Wallet size) plastic retangles with 16 digit numbers on them.. And names.. Master Card, VISA,, and so on.. Lots of those.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Isn't great how much money you are saving by having an RV for vacations instead of hotels....

I figured out how to make a small fortune with my RV. I started with a large fortune.

Safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
GPS. For previous posts on GPS search this Forum for `gps' then search the results for `garmin' and other brands.
As to what else to carry I have several pages of necessary `stuff'. Also I think there are lists somewhere on this Forum.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Crowe wrote:
Isn't great how much money you are saving by having an RV for vacations instead of hotels....

Maybe. When you factor in the initial cost of your unit, maintenance, gas, insurance, site fees, excise tax (if any), upgraded vehicle, and other miscellaneous costs such as the "stuff" like chocks, hoses, modifications, etc., it's not always as economical as you think. Most people don't RV to save money-it's a lifestyle and a way of travel they enjoy. I have limited time off. You can't put a price on the high I get when I'm in the mountains of Montana or looking at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland, things I can't do RVing. I also couldn't put a price on the memories I created when I did have an RV. Nope, it's not about money.

The italicized statement above is mine...good grief..I was just having some fun with this thread...Let's not forget that RV'ing is suppose to be fun. I was having some fun.

Anyone who believes they are saving money with an RV is either at the very extreme end of being frugal (and I still would have a hard time believing it) or flat out confused. ๐Ÿ™‚

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:

Maybe. When you factor in the initial cost of your unit, maintenance, gas, insurance, site fees, excise tax (if any), upgraded vehicle, and other miscellaneous costs such as the "stuff" like chocks, hoses, modifications, etc., it's not always as economical as you think. Most people don't RV to save money-it's a lifestyle and a way of travel they enjoy. I have limited time off. You can't put a price on the high I get when I'm in the mountains of Montana or looking at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland, things I can't do RVing. I also couldn't put a price on the memories I created when I did have an RV. Nope, it's not about money.

The italicized statement above is mine...good grief..I was just having some fun with this thread...Let's not forget that RV'ing is suppose to be fun. I was having some fun.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
White water hose long enough for the connection, I carry two. Maybe extra length for electrical connection. Small spray bottle partially filled with bleach to spray water spigot as you never know if previous users splashed black/gray water on it. Charged cordless drill and attachment for manual stabilizers (I bring along the house drill but making sure both batteries are charged and then leave attachment in TT).

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

Douglas Adams

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Levelling blocks, wheel chocks, good fresh & black water hoses, RV extension cord.
Frothy adult beverages.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
I always cary a few highway flares. Fortunately never needed for roadside, but they work wonders lighting a fire when wood is wet!