RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Please help ASAP generator issues.

I had my generator maintenced yesterday (new spark plug and oil change) and now the generator is only running when the switch is on "AC" when I flip it to power the rv the generator shuts off! Super frustrating it was working just fine the other day!...

Fla904 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Need a New Mattress - Suggestions

I need to replace my existing TT mattress. It's an inclining mattress. Does anyone have suggestions for a good, comfortable replacement? It's a queen. Thanks,

finketim by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Small RV Can Only Pull 3500lbs

This will be my first TT, looking for a small used TT. I can only pull 3500 lbs with my suv. I want something that is well made, that will not leak and that makes the most out of the small space it has.I have been looking at Fun Finder x160fs, but it...

Alissa by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

newbe questions

Just posting to let any one who is new to the forum and to Rving. at the top of thepage under the RV.Net sign there is a secion called Rving FAQ. click on that and you will have a lot of good advice and will answer a lot of your questions. just go t...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

rv campgrounds for 55+

hi everyone - hope all living or have loved ones in tornado alley are safe and sound. new to rving and see that there are just a few 55 and over parks in southern california. wondering if there is a web site that lists them nationwide.

I think I'm going with an R-Pod 171

I found an R-Pod 2011for what I think is a great price, $7,500. I looked at it yesterday and it looks great. The owner even replaced the mattress with a new memory-foam one that still has plastic on it (said that one that came in it was awful).I was ...

Alissa by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Another noob question.....extension cords

I'm headed to pick up a extension cord to plug my rv into shore power. It will run accessories and fridge, not the ac. I'm looking at 75-100ft 12/3 cord rated at 15amp. Is there any reason to go with 10/3 at that length of cord?

DinTulsa by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie Here.....Kinda

Hello all! My husband and I bought our first camper back in October. We aren't new to camping though. We have been using my grandparents TT for the last two summers and I grew up going camping with family. I'm sure we still have lots to learn We loo...

JoyMarie by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Wax?

I'm planning on washing and waxing my rv the next couple of days. Do you all use the rub on wax, or spray wax? What is your recommendation?

DinTulsa by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Navion/View vs. Via/Reyo

I've been looking to buy an RV for the last year and think we've finally decided on a Sprinter chassis unit. We're looking to buy used 2008/2009/2010 and have narrowed our search down to two model. Navion/View 24H vs. Via/Reyo 25R.We wanted a small...

AGC by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

first time buying

I have recently put a down payment on a new montana 5th wheel. Looking at some other coments was this a mistake. Is starting small and used much better or should i go ahead and complete my purchase. I need the space because I intend to live in my rv ...

mrjack by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Doe Size Matter in an RV?

We are soon to retire and plan to travel with an RV trailer. For a trip consisting of several weeks at a time, what's our best bet? Storage and bathroom are important. Not much else. Will be pulling with midsize suv. Some rv's are tailored for the we...

Raycool by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Scared and Excited Newbie!

Hi everyone!I'm jumping in after a bit of lurking over the past few months. My husband and I are planning to buy a TT in the next month. Although we would like to buy new, we decided our first purchase should be used. Right now we are in the "look...