RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Safe WiFi Hotspot

Looking to be on the road for a few months at a time and need to have access to a safe, secure WiFi to handle financial transactions, campground bookings etc. via the internet using my laptop and smartphone. I wonder what others have found to be th...

new to the forum and soon to RVing.. and have a question...

My wife and I consider buying a 2016 Coachmen catalina 293rldsle and one of my biggest problems, whenever we look at such an investment, is that I search the internet for reviews of the model and manufacturer. Most of the time, as people tend to shar...

Ever heard of any Escapees park shutting down?

Has anybody heard of any Escapees park shutting down? Either because of financial or any other reason? We were mis-treated at one park and not given the truth. (Our only bad dealings with Escapees). We have been members long enough to realize that...

path1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice for newbie

My husband and I just bought a 24' rv and are getting ready to travel. My question is how to keep things from falling off the counter. Also how long does it take to get comfortable driving an rv

Scarroll by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterizing

I am posting to get some imput on winterizig my camper . Last year i used the red non-toxic antifreeze , and took forever to get it out one we started camping again . This time im trying the air method , and seem like the hotwater heater gurgles for...

New and need help with tanks! asappp

So I am looking into a older model RV, (1998 fleetwood pace arrow 35w class A chevy motor) anyone have any experience with these? Also how hard is it to remove the grey and black water tanks? That is really important in determining the purchase as I ...

Fla904 by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

tow

I have a roadtrek 2005 popular 210 .what type of vehicle could I use

Financing & Loan Options for RV 5th Wheel

I will be buying a 5th wheel soon and this will be our first RV purchase. We are looking at 5th wheels in the $45-65,000 price range. Would it be better to get financing directly through the dealership or would it be better to deal with a broker to l...

DABZ by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

First two Nights

Hello good people. Ok so here is the story. My friend and I are two retired baby Boomer. Over the last few years we have both sold our businesses and were wondering how to spend the next 50 years of life.So after some planning we bough a class A Coac...

wire with small button

Hi,I have purchased a used 2014 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS (Class A). The previous owner (do not know) installed something up by the driver's chair. The wire comes down from the driver visor area (just above is the TV box with cables, recievers, etc)...

What's the most "Bang for my Buck" - TT or 5th Wheel?

Trying to help out a relative. He has a 2014 F-150 4X4 with the 5.0 V8. I believe it's rated at 7,000 lbs towing capacity. He's looking to purchase a trailer now. In your opinion, what trailer weight should he be looking at considering all the additi...

Small motorhome (<26 ft) - Class C or Class A?

Hi folks. I'm a newcomer to the forum, looking to buy an RV next year. I've been reading this forum daily, enjoying the discussions and especially the different perspectives from all of you.I've been perusing RV Trader and craigslist for used motor...

mayble by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with major insurance problem

HELP!!! We are planning on living in Florida in a new fifth wheel. I am trying to get insurance on it now. The problem is that we will not have a truck to tow it for the first year or so. It will be stationary. I called AARP Hartford and they will do...

rblake39 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Garmin 760

Currently looking at purchasing a Garmin 760 for our Class C motor home. I know the Garmin navigation systems are not perfect but in general I have found them very useful for long distance and local travel. Is there a better option out there for us...

No campground spots available, what to do?

So my better half had a trip she wanted to take but didn't quite get to making any reservations until a week before. Of course almost every park is full at the stops she wants to make. What do most of you guys do when this happens? This will only ...