RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

No campground spots available, what to do?

So my better half had a trip she wanted to take but didn't quite get to making any reservations until a week before. Of course almost every park is full at the stops she wants to make. What do most of you guys do when this happens? This will only ...

Which camp pie makers are durable and do a good job?

I was going to order a couple of cast iron camp pie makers from amazon but then I read the customer reviews about the handles coming loose, the bread not being crimped, things leaking out. etc and decided I better get some tips from the experts - YO...

John_S2 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Help ordering first new RV

Hi all. We are ordering a new Columbus firth wheel and I have a few questions before we talk to the dealer today. We are ordering from RV wholesalers and on the bottom of their order list are some extras. The ones we were looking at and considering a...

rblake39 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Stabilizing hints please....

I have an 31' fifth wheel bunkhouse model. The bunks are in the very rear and when the kids even turn in their beds, the entire unit shakes. I stabilize the 5th wheel with the rear scissor stabilizers and 4 of the standard aluminum threaded stabili...

CMunrock by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

keeping floor dry when dog has "accident"

Hi guys!My wife and I are picking up a Starcraft Comet a-frame camper next month. We've never had a camper before so there are questions everywhere. One of the reasons we wanted a camper instead of using hotels is that we want to take our two bichon ...

Planning a 3 week trip (with an RV) on the east coast

Hi all,My name is Eric and I'm from the Netherlands (Europe) and me and 5 of my friends are planning to spend a 3 weeks vacation in the USA from on and about 21st of May till 9th of June. 4 of us have been in the USA several times so in terms of flig...

Eric123 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with newer RVs?

We have a question for you more experienced RVers.My family and I are moving across Canada and we are seriously considering buying our first RV- a one year old Travel Trailer - and pulling it with my full size truck so that we can see more of Canada...

MMNZS by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

towing

My anti sway hitch (the male part)that slides into the receiver, has two holes in it. Is it safe to use in the position that leaves it sticking out more? I want to be able to open my tailgate on the truck and it hits the nose of our Windjammer if I u...

brownsl1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing Honda Pilot with Jayco Melbourne Class C

We are senior travelers and plan on traveling for months at a time to various parts of the US and Canada. In the past we owned a Jayco pop-up and a Rockwood Travel Trailer and recently purchased a class c. Debating the pros and cons of towing our Hon...

Best Tow Vehicle (that I can afford)?

Hello Everyone,We are brand new to RVing and need some advice. We are planning to get a small travel trailer to haul to dog shows. While I understand that diesels are best for towing, we really can't afford the added cost of a diesel at this time. I ...

Missed the bypass

Hello All,After reading my manual and about a dozen threads here I winterized my camper this past weekend. In short I drained the FW tank, ran the pump until nothing but air was coming out, drained water heater, drained the plumping using low point ...

hbrady by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Chassis Corrosion

Hello all, having a good time our first year Rving!My question today is:Does anyone have experience with a product called "Fluid Film"? It is a lanolin based corrosion inhibitor that will stop corrosion on application without the need for any type of...

Gene_M by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

seat covers

My 2013 coachman MH captain chairs covers are coming apart. (cheap) I need to know if there is some place to order replacement ones from ?

njtony by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Walk on Leprechaun Roof?

Greetings!I have a 2004 Coachmen Leprechaun 314SS. I want to measure the height, so I need to get to the roof A/C unit to see how how it is sticking up above the roof. Can I walk on the roof to get to the A/C?Thanks!

HeWhoIs by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lots to know!

This is my first post here and I am grateful that this forum is available for folks like me that are planning for retirement.That being said, My wife and I live east of Portland Oregon on a small farm. We also have a small beach house in Ocean park W...