RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Keeping bears away in Yellowstone

Hello, I will be camping for a week with my travel trailer in Yellowstone.It says "bear food locker" required and provided by the campsite.Can I cook inside the camper, or is that asking for bears to come ?Should I leave all my food, 50 ft away from ...

Greasing your Balls (trailer hitch ball)

I have towed my new camper probably 8 times now since buying new. New camper, new hitch, new ball, everything. It makes this awful squeaking noise every time I turn now. Am I supposed to put some sort of grease on the ball to prevent that from hap...

sac89 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Surge protectors

I have a 30 amp service in my unit and I wanted to know if I can safely use a 50 amp protector or should I buy the 30 amp.Reasoning being if I bought another rv down the road I would be covered if it was 50 amp.

How long, how long?

I am not sure if this is the proper place to ask this question, but here it goes. My wife and I used to be members of the Good Sam Club years ago. When we joined we got a sticker/badge for our motorhome to tell others we were members, an official mem...

Propane filling

My motorhome sat for 2 years. When I went to fill the propane tank, the air bleeder wasn't open at first. Now we have a propane smell in the rig. The smoke detector goes off. I opened the air bleeder and nothing but air comes out. I had it open for a...

hasheel by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pressure in new fifth wheel

I just recently bought a 2006 Alfa see ya fifth wheel I don't have much water pressure in the kitchen or the bathroom the shower seems to be fine but every now and then the water pressure dies out I have let all the air out of the lines and tried m...

Ljm352 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Deciding on generator

I have a 1998 Dutchmen Aristocrat travel trailer that I will be using for an upcoming camping trip where electricity isn't available. I need to get a generator. I will run the water heater and fridge off propane. I have a roof top air conditioner ...

waldreps by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

29' Summit by Thor VS 28' Jayco Jayflight??

We're first time buyers of a TT and are considering either a 2008 29' Summit by Thor https://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/4983266575.htmlor a 2008 28' Jayco Jayflighthttps://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/5011720405.htmlAny wisdom to pass onto us?Thanks!(If you ...

My first (of many to come) Opps!

Ok, I got my first (minor) mishap. New TT, new to the industry. I opened the slide, and it caught a cabinet door and ripped it off the hinges. Scared the snot out of me! Any tips for a non-handyman person to fill the screw holes and re-install th...

sac89 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Start refrigerator on propane

2016 Forest River Gray Wolf 27RR TH.I want to run my frig on propane as I travel down the road. it is a simple Norcold Freezer Frig - know how the 120v works, all good and very cold. How do I switch to propane. Last time I tried the Battery was being...

Trailer brakes

So I just installed a tekonsha voyager brake controller and attempted to fine tune it... I got it adjusted just under lock up with the power setting and have it leveled with light just barely orange when brakes are applied my question is when I start...

Portable Generators

I see on here a lot of signature lines with different size generators. I have noticed a lot of 2000 watt Honda's on here. I currently have a big 5000 watt loud as he!! generator that trips it's breaker often. I would love to get a quieter Honda or ...

sac89 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Alfa see ya or Alfa gold

I was sold and Alfa fifth wheel and I really like it but I'm confused as to whether it's an Alfa see ya or an alfa gold. My questions are what is the difference or are they the same. All the paperwork from the place I bought it from says Alfa gold ...

Ljm352 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you carry water hoses?

If your water hoses are kept handy and organized, what do you carry them in? I'm almost to the point of mounting a hose real.

path1 by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

OH...the things you "learn" RVing

Last trip out we stopped by a Walmart to pick up couple things. I parked where other RV were parked and out of the way. One thing I try to do is say "hello" to other RVers when walking by. Passed this one guy and the "hello" turned into a short co...

path1 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes