RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How to sleep 4 in Roadtrek SS Ideal

Hi all,I'm pretty new to RVing. My family and I are taking my grandfathers RV on a road trip that was supposed to happen last summer. We're from Portland, OR and headed as far as Colorado.My question is about sleeping with two kids. I have a 4 year o...

justinae by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Running A/C on Low

Hi guys,Wife and I are pretty new to RVing, just bought our 5th wheel a couple weeks ago and are loving it so far.When we bought it, our salesman and the tech that gave us our walk thru instructed us to not run the A/C on lo fan because there was a g...

Best Motorhome for a Family?

Me and my husband are wanting to full time RV with a child in tow and planning to hopefully have another. right now we are in the research phase, as im an over researcher. I was wondering what ya'lls opinions are on which RV type would be best? I'd l...

Size truck to pull 16' - 20' travel trailer

I have always known more is better, but in the effort of economy will a 1/2 ton 350 engine be enough to pull a 20' travel trailer?Full time use of pulling the trailer will only be for about 6 months, then we'll use it for occasional weekend trips. We...

Eternabond Roof Edges?

My Keystone roof is one of those membrane roofs that isn't caulked on the sides. Just has the trim screwed in over the edges. I want to Eternabond EVERYTHING to forestall water-leakage. So.... Any problem with putting Eternabond over this trimmed are...

Wife wants to take away my Majestic for Artic Fox

(Didn't know if this fits in Trailer or 5th wheels, so I put in Beginning RVing)Wife wants to get Artic Fox or Silver Artic Fox (I don't know difference?) How are aftermarket parts?Are most parts available from any RV dealer? (no more backorders for...

path1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge light keeps beeping no ac no lp.

Got up this morning and the Fridge light was beeping no AC no LP.Pulled open the box outside and their is water on the bottom.Has anybody had this problem?

tearza by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How to save tank space?

Hi everyone! I have a trailer with approx 30 gallon black and grey tanks. We ended up at a campground by the beach that is awesome, but we only have water/elect. With two young kiddos and myself and my wife, filling up the grey/black tanks is easy to...

Rainier by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Black water valve closed?

Sorry for the newb question, but I guess that is what this section is for. I was reading through some topics to learn what I can before picking up my new toy hauler and saw a post about making sure to always leave the black tank valve closed until re...

klarowe by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Single best resource for how to vet used trailers/5th wheels

Hey guys!I'm going to be buying a 5th wheel OR a travel trailer soon. I saw a sticky that had various books mentioned, but what I'm really looking for is some kind of comprehensive go-to for vetting a trailer at the point of purchase. Things like how...

Kitchen faucet replace

I am going to replace my kitchen single handle faucet.Problem is, it is center kitchen and not enough space to get a basin wrench between sink and wall. Do they make a tool for this or do I have to remove the sink, install new faucet then replace sin...

First Motor Home Purchased Today!

Hello rv.net folks.I've become the new owner of a 1983 Ford RV which my friends and I will be using to tailgate at Cleveland Browns games. The RV has a few problems, it will need... - a new power steering fluid pump - 6 new tires - carpet removal and...

Newbie buying Class B or C for less than 6 months of use

My wife and I are planning on using a motor home for less than 6 months, we want to buy at a good price and be able to sell close to what we paid. We're thinking of a older one, put tires and all the necessary furnishings into it with the hopes of ge...

What do you use to clean toilet bowl?

Bought bleach, but now I'm second guessing that decision thinking maybe I shouldn't put bleach in the black water tank. What is a safe cleaning product?

Leveling

I have a tandem axle tt. Is it ok, when leveling side to side, to place levelers under just one of the tires? Or is it necessary to level under both tires?