RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Norcold model 1210 vin 14072298

Got cooling problems, would not cool on gas setting. Had it checked at World wide RV in Mesa, AZ and they advised that it needed a service and this should be performed each year gave ok and paid the $180.00 charge. It worked for two weeks. Got to Flo...

battery

I would like to know if I can use my microwave and use my outlets off my battery? We have a travel trailer

Best place for replacement keys

Hi everyone. After years of dreaming we finally purchased a 2001 Winnebago Minnie Winnie. The second owner passed over the keys which included a Ford ignition key, dead bolt key, main door key, and compartment door key. All work fine except the co...

Patio awning question

Yesterday I brought home a 91 Winnebago Chieftain 32' that had been well cared for. Today I was out cleaning and messing with it. I lowered the awning, undoing all the latches the former owner showed me and it sort of fell open. I pulled on one e...

What will I run out of first?

I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit(haven't even picked it up yet) but I'm told that my tanks are small in the 22' Pleasure Way Pursuit. Fresh 29, gray 27, black 23. Propane is 18 gallons (80%). Can anyone give me an idea of how long those numbe...

rvit by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Basic propane alarm question

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27607053/gotomsg/27607068.cfm#27607068 This thread is about 2 people dying in RV and didn't want to ask this question in the posting.When should a propane alarm come on?We had a scare couple ye...

path1 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Barbecue + beer: Is it ok in every RV camp ?

We like barbecue+beer and have some basic questions about this:1 - Is it acceptable/legal to have a barbecue with beer at all RV Parks, even at state parks and a good rest area ? 2 - At some RV parks firecamps signs and firerings options are showed. ...

what's easiest drive from Sonoma County to Bridgeport Ca

I have a 24ft camper trailer and am heading to the Bridgeport Ca. area this summer. I google mapped directions and it gave me a few options. I pull with a 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Alison combo. Is hwy 108 better than 89? I have driven 89 before a...

Going to LED bulbs

My 91 Winnebago has those 12 volt auto bulbs 1141. Is there a way to switch to led bulbs in those old fixtures?

need help replacing latch

Ok, so I am late in dewinterizing my TT. Yesterday I am filling with water, flushing lines, etc.... I remove the outer cover on the Fridge compartment to check everything behind the fridge out and one of the latches that holds the cover on broke. ...

Going into Mexico - Road Side Assistance?

We are leaving Yuma on our first voyage in our RV to Mexico. We are going over to Ensenada -- can you tell us where to go or anything we need to know?ALSO -- we have Good Sam Road Side Assistance... will that be of any use to us? What do you do if ...

debw241 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tie backs for front windshield

Does anybody know where I can get a set of Tiebacks 18" long x 6" wide, with velcro and screw attachment ability. I need the Tiebacks only and not the curtains...

tearza by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

installing a mud flap

evening ,,, going fulltime newbie here ,,,, 21 days away ,,,36 ft winnie vista 2011,,, i will be towing a jeep wrangler . is it necessary to have a mud flap on for protection of toad . and if so which kind is best . i see the full rubber ones and the...

elle8 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I use my runaway brakes when camping?

I was thinking, for extra security to remove the cable used for the runaway brakes when I'm setup at a campsite in addition to the chocks used under my wheels.Could this cause damage to my brakes?

komodo by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Teflon tape - - - well, of course !!

Soon after taking delivery on our Mother Ship, I had occasion to replace the aerators in the faucets, as they were clogged and restrictive. Couldn't find the type that can be disassembled and cleaned so I got the replaceable type.Anyhoo, I noticed s...

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes