RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

At Grand Canyon in February, winterizing piping needed?

I'll be taking my RV to Trailer Village, Grand Canyon this February, where the temp can get down to the low 20's at night. Do I need to drain all my piping while staying there or can I just get away with having the heater on all night and thermal ta...

locster by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

What is this?

I bought a WDH and was going through checking everything out before I install it and came across this. There is no picture of it in the instruction manual and I have read it and can not find a reference to it. Thanks for any help.[/img]

What Can I Tow Calculators

For newbies- I've been working on some calculators to go along with my "What Can I Tow?" web page.I've put together 2 calculators for determining the weight of camper that you can pull by looking at your available payload, then determining the potent...

Propane

I have a Georgetown 35 foot.03 I was showing 1/2 tank of propane. I stop in Hope Hull Al to top it off since i needed gas. Flying J put 13 gal in my 29 gal tank.My gauge went way past full. I been told you cant put more than 3/4 in the tank. The gaug...

Duo Therm AC

When it cools in the tlr the comp shuts down but the fan keeps running. Is the fan recirculating inside air or bringing humid outside air? Can the AC be rewired so the fan shuts down when the comp shuts down? Thanks Ziffell

ziffell by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Coach Batteries Dying Too Quickly

I have been having a problem with the coach batteries dying far too quickly since purchasing our 2001 HR Ambassador in early November. While camping one our first trip, I was performing some checks while the rest of the family was inside doing thing...

I am planning on an extensive cross-country - VA > CA & back. How can I handle mail, prescriptions, etc?tkx - CC

mike326 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Going to buy a Travel Trailer but have a few quesitons

I hope I'm posting in the right place for this, if not I apologize in advance.We have been looking at travel trailers but we are not for certain what we can tow. We have a 2000 Dodge Dakota QC 3.9L and we do not have the manual. We have been told a r...

acorne by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about camping in the winter

Although we have had our RV a year, we didn't use it last winter so we are still learning. We have plans to go to Nashville, TN at the end of December/beginning of January for about a week. I'm thinking low temps will be in the 20's at night. At a...

EydieG by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Overheating Brakes

We just took our first trip in our new 2001 HR Ambassador. Things were already off to a bad start due to a flat rear tire that I posted about separately. We made it fine up to near our exit. 5 Miles from the I-40 Pigeon Forge Tennessee exit the in...

Follow up to names

I am not a namer?What makes you want to name an inanimate object? If I were to refer to your named vehicle as a truck or a trailer would it upset you?help me understand why?

pitch by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

I just bought my first RV!!!

It's a 1983 Aluma-Lite Holiday Rambler.I am planning on moving into it within the next two months. It is in really good condition as far as I can tell. I paid $4,000 for it and am not sure if that is good bad or just right. I am really exited and a l...

Buying first RV

We are seriously considering purchasing a class a or class c RV, about 28'. We currently have a 28' travel trailer, but feel since we are older an RV would be used more often just going overnight to visit kids, etc. etc. So, looking at a class c, bu...

Tripped Breaker

Later on during our debut trip on our 2001 HR Ambassador, we were at an RV park in Pigeon Forge Tennessee the day after Christmas. We had dinner and I started the furnace. We put in a DVD and got settled down. It was still cold so I plugged in a s...

Hi All, I am new to this forum as well as to Motorhomes. So want to know all about Avan Applause Motorhome before buying it. Some of my friends told me its good for camping.