cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

buying first TT

rbos57
Explorer
Explorer
So I am doing my best to learn as much about TTs as I can but there is still that question......Which one will I buy and have the least problems with. As any product on the market the are always negative comments as well as positive ones. Love to hear yours.
looking to get a 24'-30'
wanting:
sofa
walk around queen bed
table and booth
large a fridge as possible
lots of storage
pantry
over
tv in L/r and B/R
you all know what I want, the perfect carefree TT. Not possible but anything you can add would be appreciated.
will be towing with a F-150 XLT
thanks for reading
29 ft tt
2016 RAM 3500 6.7 CUMMINS
10 REPLIES 10

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Best advice we got...

Go visit and sit in every trailer you can find.
Once you narrow it down shoo away the salesman and live in it for a half hour. Lay on the bed, sit on the toilet, walk around.

If you like cooking, counter space is very important.
Do you mind a small television cramed up in an akward spot.
Both of these are important on rainy weekends.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our search for a replacement for our excellent Sunline trailer led us to our Winnebago Minnie. And, it has been a very good trailer so far. But, just about any company that has made a trailer has had some lemons leave the factory. All you can do is find which models meet your needs and then choose the has the best construction and quality control.

I doubt you can find the "perfect" trailer until you've owned a few and learned what would be "perfect" for you!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

lil_camping_fam
Explorer
Explorer
Best thing: Shop! Go and look at different makes/models. RV shows are highly recommended! Here you can see many kinds in one place. If you go new, find one that is the "year end model" show to get your best deal.

Good Luck!
Salem Cruise Lite 195BH- 2004 F-150 4x4 with weight distribution, sway control, and brake control.

Heather, Robby, Kaiden & Mingo(k9)

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had a Gulfstream Amerilite, a Starcraft, A Keystone Cougar, and two Flagstaff TT's. Only one went back for warranty work, and that was because buying a new entertainment system would have been expensive. All the other stuff was minor and cheap to fix myself.

Doesn't matter who built it, they all will need little repairs, here and there.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in my first year of owning a Lance and couldn't be happier! Very well made units with plenty of storage!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
We are starting our third season with our Keystone Premier Bullet, we love it and there are a couple models in you size range. Also they are ultra light weight so the 150 will most likely we good, we use to tow with a 150. Friends that we camp with have a Keystone Bullet, third year and a Keystone Outback, fifth season for them. No issues with all three. Good luck.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to start by knowing all the accurate numbers for the TV first.

Also, do you have a factory tow package or after market hitch ?
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

rbos57
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. So far I am liking the Keystones but hard to get thru all the negative/positive feedback . Ca not wait to buy and get started and Yes, We will enjoy
29 ft tt
2016 RAM 3500 6.7 CUMMINS

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
>>>>you all know what I want, the perfect carefree TT. Not possible but anything you can add would be appreciated.

Quite possible; I've had 3 TTs over the past 20 years and none had any significant problems during their time with me. I'm quite handy so can fix all
the small stuff (like inverted packing up, bad switches, broken taps, replacing brakes.....). I'd guess that 95% of the RV industry use the same hardware (Dometic Fridge, Atwood Water heater, similar brakes....etc). So i' say that if you stick to one of the more numerous name brands, than you should be okay.

TTs are not complex toys, essentially a wood/aluminium frame with siding (or smooth sides) and essentially simple plumbing, simple electrics etc - we're not dealing with the Space Shuttle here !!!

If you do enough research, you can fix any problem. Don't sweat it and enjoy the experience.

G
Gerry

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our first TT in Feb. a Starcraft Launch Ultralight 28BHS. This line might fall within what you're looking for - although there is a ton of different models out there.