Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time

jcohen1216
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all!

My daughter (11) and I (38) are renting an RV this summer for a week long trip to Shenandoah National Park. This will be our first time with an RV, and I have a question regarding RV Parks. In my reading, it seems as though there is quite a lot of etiquette involved in staying in an RV Park. Of course I want to make sure that we are doing everything on the up and up and not impeding on anybody else's stay.

The RV we are renting will be our only mode of transportation. As such, we will be using it to travel around the park, and to and from our other destinations. It seems that a lot of people seem to tow a car or have another mode of transportation with them. Is it common to come and go in an RV throughout the day?

Thanks so much for any advice!
16 REPLIES 16

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just do not rent anything over 24' and you'll be fine.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, some people use their RV as their only mode of transportation, especially for smaller Class C or B RV's and rarely Class A's. I wouldn't worry about it.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton