cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting Camper Keys Made

ButchandBri
Explorer
Explorer
My husband went to Lowes to get a couple more camper keys made. Couldn't be done. Is there any place special you go to get an extra set of keys?
28 REPLIES 28

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Must have solved their problem as they have not replied in two weeks. Done deal!
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
When all of my keys disappeared in storage one time I went to the Fleetwood dealer and they had a drawer full of keys all the same. There was only one that had to be cut from a blank I got at a dealer.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Harvey51 wrote:
I found that a GM B47 key blank fits our MH door lock, deadbolt and regular. The cargo doors work with a 54G. No need to have Trimark or whatever stamped on the key blank.

Trimark has about 20 single sided key blanks and at least three double sided blanks.
The B47 blank might fit 1 or 2 of those. There are also Bauer and FIC locks and blanks,
none of which a B47 blank will fit.

Most baggage locks are on a Y11, which will also take a 54G but isn't what the mfr recommends.

Many RV OEM keys have a key code on them. Write them down and save them as a locksmith can cut new keys with the code number using Instacode and a CNC key cutter. We charge $18 per code. You can buy them on line cheaper.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I found that a GM B47 key blank fits our MH door lock, deadbolt and regular. The cargo doors work with a 54G. No need to have Trimark or whatever stamped on the key blank.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
My FIC trailer keys use the same blank as used for the Club Steering wheel. They also work for Yakima Rack lock cylinder inserts.

AtomicChicken
Explorer
Explorer
I had an extra set made at a local True Value.
2007 F-150
2006 Sun Valley RoadRunner 240BH
Prodigy P2 / EAZ-Lift WDH

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
Try rvlocksandmore.com this is where I found keys for my 5er several years ago @ 2.75/key ready to use just order by key code.

ButchandBri
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2 doors for our camper.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
None of our Ace stores do Tri Mark or FIC. Most Locksmiths have them. The storage locks are usually Y11. CH 751 etc. sometimes Southco.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which keys? Door or compartments?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bound4fl
Explorer
Explorer
Code off of key and Amazon. Got my new keys in 3days
Killin time waitin on tomorrow.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Most keys have a cut side and a flat side, but at least Fords and maybe others use keys cut on both sides. Most hardware stores don't have the equipment to duplicate them. Locksmiths almost always do.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
There are currently 2 threads in the tc forum you may be interested in. Could be a simple fix.
By the way my Ace Hardware has never let me down on Keys.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
For the more exotic keys, OSH, Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace are all at a loss. I have a locksmith about 10 miles from me and he has always been able to make copies. I take the key and the lock in if I can.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.