thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
13 REPLIES 13

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it was.

So since the rear ramp can only be locked from the outside maybe that's why the OP wants to show what he did to be able to lock the rear ramp and still be able to get out an emergency. He can still keep out unwanted visitors and be able to get out if he has to. The only other way to lock the rear ramp is from the outside.

Ok, Gotcha - thanks

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

I cannot turn keys 

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
It always baffles me why there are no inside locks on toy hauler ramps. EVen dealerships don't have a clear answer.

Just use a longer pin, problem solved.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it was.

So since the rear ramp can only be locked from the outside maybe that's why the OP wants to show what he did to be able to lock the rear ramp and still be able to get out an emergency. He can still keep out unwanted visitors and be able to get out if he has to. The only other way to lock the rear ramp is from the outside.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Wasnt that the guy who had his doors unlocked?

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Uuh, maybe this is why.

Man attacked in his RV.

I am trying to lock the **bleep**ing door from the outside!!!, so how do you turn the keys!!!

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
mowermech wrote:
Neat. But, why bother?
when youโ€™re boondocking and who knows whatโ€™s out here

No I have **bleep** in my unit at my house that I don't want stolen, and if it does, it will be from a locked unit then my insurance will cover it, if not they wont

Hi Timtruckguy8. This post is 6 years old and some of the posters might not be on here anymore. You might want to create a new post that spells out what exactly you are dealing with and hopefully somebody can make suggestions. Some information that might be helpful is if the key works in the door when it's open but not when it's closed. Are you talking about the ramp door or the passenger door? Did it ever work, do you know that you have the correct key etc.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Neat. But, why bother?
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

thehippie