cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a disgusting problem… HELP!!!

KnowNuthin
Explorer
Explorer
This first part of my post is a rant, as I can’t believe what was done to us and our property… feel free to skip to the third paragraph to avoid my vitriol… on we go…

We had some “guests” on our rural property, staying in their RV. Well, it began as one RV… they dragged two more here as time went on...The 30-to-40 year old trailers they bought couldn’t keep up with the rigors of full-time living of two adults, one adult child, two small children and three VERY unfriendly biting dogs (I was bitten once, Julie twice and our dogs were terrified of running on our 20 acre property for fear of being cornered and torn into).... Initially, they were invited to stay with us for six to eight weeks while they secured permanent digs... then came a herd of six goats... then chickens, ducks, rabbits and two cats...most of the time, they "didn't have the money" to pay their share of the utility bill... "We'll make it up to you..." . Two years later, while we were away, on vacation, they finally moved on, moving from our home in rural Montana to Lynchburg, VA.

All along, I was giving them suggestions on how to best take care of day-to-day living. Most, if not all, of my suggestions were dismissed out of hand… "he knows what he is doing, leave us alone" is all I got in return...occasionally, I would see a drum in the back of his pickup, thinking he was taking a full drum to town to dump it in a local RV dump... I shoulda known... now I’m paying the price… this is after they "cleaned up"...

Trash I can deal with, rent a dump trailer and load it up with the tractor... I'll give away the two remaining trailers or pay to have them disposed of, the biggest issue I have is eight 55 gallon drums of black tank waste...

I have no idea what to do with them... I've called our local waste water people (most of the county has individual septic systems, all the pumped out vault contents go to a central waste water facility)...

I've tried the "We Handle Any Type of Waste" companies, they only deal with "industrial" waste...

I really don't want to open my septic tank lid and dump it in there as 400 odd gallons would over tax our 1000 gallon tank...

I've considered loading all the drums onto a flatbed trailer they left behind (the one full of trash in the photo above). towing it to Virginia and leaving it in the offenders new driveway... that's probably my last resort (but not entirely out of the question)...

I'm open to suggestions ... Anyone?

Oh, and for those who read my entire rant... thanks for letting me vent...doesn't help my issue much but my mind is somewhat more relaxed now...
2005 2500HD D/A CC LB 4X4 being pushed by:
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2007 Ural GearUp Arctic
32 REPLIES 32

KnowNuthin
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Ok, why did you allow them to stay there in the first place, any for so long?

Wife’s daughter and son-in-law… I encouraged them to leave several times as hard as I thought I could get away with…

Happy wife… happy life (to a degree…)
2005 2500HD D/A CC LB 4X4 being pushed by:
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2007 Ural GearUp Arctic

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rent a backhoe and dig a big hole? Dump said wastes and wait a couple of day and re-cover the hole. No worse (I suppose) than a septic tank.
I sure as heck would not haul it in my truck. Maybe some septic service could pump the drums out for you?
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, why did you allow them to stay there in the first place, any for so long? I’d call a septic tank clean out company to come pump out the drums, might get you system pumped at the same time. Then pay someone to clean out all the trash including the empty drums.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT